cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Provisioning Issue

Lechuga
I've been here awhile

I had to get a new router and I've gone almost 48 hours without internet. I am completely fed up with the service at this point, is there anything I can do?  Never had any of these issues with Rogers but now I am considering just giving up and setting up service with a different company. 

***Edited Labels***

84 REPLIES 84

Re: Provisioning Issue

parikhp1
I've been here awhile

96 hours now! 4 days. Swapped the modem Thursday (19th) morning.  This is unbelievable.  They keep lying and saying a fix is in place and it will be resolved by EOD.

fsdgsgsdg
I've been here awhile

Same here, 4 days and counting. This is what I was afraid of. Rogers first told me it would be resolved in 24 hours then changed it to 48 hours, then changed it to "no eta." Wouldn't it be easier to just give us our old modems while they try to fix this? 

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @fsdgsgsdg

Its to the point many tech sites are reporting this too. Rogers said and I quote

"We understand how frustrating this has been for our customers waiting to get up and running, and we sincerely apologize,” a Rogers spokesperson told MobileSyrup. “We’ve been working around the clock to get services up.” The company reports that it is currently provisioning the backlog via remote software update and that the majority of its customers are already back up and running, which is confirmed by a few reports on the Canadian Outages forum — though many say they are still experiencing the issue.

Read more at MobileSyrup.com: Rogers home internet customers experience multi-day outage"

hfisher3380
I've been here awhile
Well I’m hopeful that Bell will arrive and install Gigabit Fibe today. I’ve had issues with them too but after this experience with Rogers I’m prepared to give them another chance. Whomever gets me hooked up first gets my $200 per month!!

fsdgsgsdg
I've been here awhile
I don't believe Rogers when they say the majority of its customers are back up. Frankly, this whole experience has made me lose trust more so than ever. Not one interaction with a service agent has been consistent, and believe me I've spoke to many. I still don't have internet and still left in the dark as to when it will be fixed.

After it is fixed, I still have to call Rogers to get reimbursed for both my Internet and wireless data overages. That's 2 phone calls because they're 2 different departments, and like at least a 30 minute wait time for each. On top of that, I have to explain my situation each time. The last person I spoke to said they weren't even aware of this issue...that was yesterday.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @fsdgsgsdg

I would contact Rogers back and ask to speak to a manager. You can also contact @CommunityHelps and see what they can do. They should be offering 100% compensation on the days you haven't been able to use your services. Your services do not work and it's due to a issue with Rogers. They should be giving u the compasation for the days again u haven't been able to use your services.

Same goes for your wireless data overcharge u will get. When you are done with the internet department on the phone, ask them to transfer u to wireless and ask for a manager there. They most likely want u to explain everything but should know.

Hopefuly they can help u out.

MBG02
I've been around

4 days no internet. Rogers, if you think we believe that the “majority” now have internet and that it will be resolved “soon”, you must think your customers are ignorant. Thanks for the copy + paste answers. Can’t wait to spend 2 hours on the phone with home internet then wireless business departments to ask for reimbursement that should be automatic. Absolutely ridiculous.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @MBG02

Its getting to the point many are upset over this and again many tech sites are picking this up including media too. If Rogers doesn't give any compesation or other to the customers affected, that would be wrong.

I would suggest speaking to @CommunityHelps or try contacting Rogers via Social media and see if they can get this rolling for u instead of waiting on the phone.

fake12345
I've been here awhile
Was just told to switch our my modem today, got the coda. Pretty lame Rogers is handing out new modems with no way to activate them. No eta is unacceptable! Sitting here stuck watching for my '@' symbol to light up.

parikhp1
I've been here awhile

I can't friggin believe they swapped your working modem.

I'm on 7 days with no internet.

fake12345
I've been here awhile
My internet has been working flawless, my bad for upgrading my service and paying more monthly!

hfisher3380
I've been here awhile
Got our internet back this morning. Still probably going to switch to Bell Fibe tomorrow morning. They were supposed to install yesterday afternoon but when one solo installer arrived at 4pm he said it had to be rescheduled for first thing in the morning (too big a job). My second time trying to get it installed - long story. Both of these companies are too big for their own good and the ones who suffer from this sort of oligopoly are us the customers.

I’m any event, I do believe Bell’s hardware and equipment are more technologically advanced so will probably go ahead with the switch in the hopes that better equipment means less need to contact customer service 😉

thebooth
I've been here awhile

Is anyone able to confirm that Rogers is still experiencing this weird issue of people not being able to activate their new modems? 

I upgraded my internet service last week and was told to get the new modem in order to experience the higher speeds.  I got this modem Sunday afternoon and have been without internet access since then.  The Rogers tech support person I spoke with over the phone said it was a Rogers issue and would be resolved in 24 hrs or so.

dps649
I've been here awhile

I should have come into this forum before picking up my upgraded modem yesterday.  Now I'm stuck along with thousands of others.  Do we have an avg time of getting this modem up and running?  Is it 24/48/.../1 week?  What a joke!!!

BS
I'm a senior advisor

I think I am one of the more lucky ones - when my modem was changed, it connected and has not been a problem, other than its lack of USB 3.0 external drive support, and the occasional drop on my WIFI, but no more than the old one.

I have not read anywhere on here about what time it typically takes to get things back up, but the frequency of reporting and views of this thread are certainly maintaining a steady rate on this issue.

Hope they get this straightened up soon - it has been going on for a while now.

Actually glad it has hit external media and tech sources, as maybe they will push it up on the priority list.

Let us know how it goes everybody.

Bruce

look486bike
I've been here awhile
The issue is not the technical breakdown but the fact that they allowed us to trade in working technology for non-working tech at the retail outlets when the THEY KNEW this was going on. That was avoidable and now I'm using all my cell phone bandwidth to connect so another cost.

dps649
I've been here awhile

Totally agree.  If they have any customer service sense, they would let the customers know that there are provisioning issue and tell their customers to hold off on the exchange so that we are not out of internet for days.  It’s all about the customer instead of just letting us hang out to dry!

@look486bike wrote:
The issue is not the technical breakdown but the fact that they allowed us to trade in working technology for non-working tech at the retail outlets when the THEY KNEW this was going on. That was avoidable and now I'm using all my cell phone bandwidth to connect so another cost.

Agreed, the way Rogers has handle this is terrible. My store rep even called into head office to complete the swap. Either they chose not to inform me or are simply incompetent; either are unacceptable.

Guy369
I've been here awhile

North York here....

Internet went down yesterday morning, still not up - not a peep from Rogers.

There live chat doesn't seem to work, and from what I've read online on other webpages it seems like this issue is LARGE - over 50,000 people large

Not sure what to do at this point, as I am moving in 6 days and don't really have the time to deal with getting a new modem which doesn't solve any problem for the high majority of people

Still no word from Rogers on this other than that tweet a couple days ago?

upandadam
I've been around

5 days no internet and no updates.

I had internet.
The tech told me to swap a modem due to its age.
Now I don't have internet.
It's been 5 DAYS!!
I have been told I have a provisioning issue.
It's been escalated 3 times by a manager.
This is absolutely brutal.
I have been told that someone is not doing their job.
Then I was told that it was due to a service outage.
Then I was told that it's been worked out since the start.
I have three texts from the last 5 days saying this ticket has been delayed.

I am so ticked off. Nobody cares in the engineering department.
Not ONE manager has any pull or say.

This company is a disaster.
I have been without internet for 5 days and I am being told I am not a priority?

This is crazy.

Case Number C148363562
Which turned into Case number C148458838.
Then back into C148363562
Accord to the text updates.

Error code 012

TV not working for 11 days tech came on wednesday this week hooked up a new box to our 1 out 4 TV's and box is still not working, called the office thursday they said it would be fixed on friday, this is saturday and still no TV... does anybody out ther know how to fix this? We've had 9 tech's here since February and still not working properly, has anyone had these same issues?

Topic Stats