Provisioning Issue

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Provisioning Issue

Hello @MBG02

Its getting to the point many are upset over this and again many tech sites are picking this up including media too. If Rogers doesn't give any compesation or other to the customers affected, that would be wrong.

I would suggest speaking to @CommunityHelps or try contacting Rogers via Social media and see if they can get this rolling for u instead of waiting on the phone.
I've Been Here Awhile

Was just told to switch our my modem today, got the coda. Pretty lame Rogers is handing out new modems with no way to activate them. No eta is unacceptable! Sitting here stuck watching for my '@' symbol to light up.
I've Been Here Awhile

I can't friggin believe they swapped your working modem.

I'm on 7 days with no internet.

I've Been Here Awhile

My internet has been working flawless, my bad for upgrading my service and paying more monthly!
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Got our internet back this morning. Still probably going to switch to Bell Fibe tomorrow morning. They were supposed to install yesterday afternoon but when one solo installer arrived at 4pm he said it had to be rescheduled for first thing in the morning (too big a job). My second time trying to get it installed - long story. Both of these companies are too big for their own good and the ones who suffer from this sort of oligopoly are us the customers.

I’m any event, I do believe Bell’s hardware and equipment are more technologically advanced so will probably go ahead with the switch in the hopes that better equipment means less need to contact customer service Smiley Wink
I've Been Here Awhile

Is anyone able to confirm that Rogers is still experiencing this weird issue of people not being able to activate their new modems? 

I upgraded my internet service last week and was told to get the new modem in order to experience the higher speeds.  I got this modem Sunday afternoon and have been without internet access since then.  The Rogers tech support person I spoke with over the phone said it was a Rogers issue and would be resolved in 24 hrs or so.

I've Been Here Awhile

I should have come into this forum before picking up my upgraded modem yesterday.  Now I'm stuck along with thousands of others.  Do we have an avg time of getting this modem up and running?  Is it 24/48/.../1 week?  What a joke!!!

I'm a Senior Advisor

I think I am one of the more lucky ones - when my modem was changed, it connected and has not been a problem, other than its lack of USB 3.0 external drive support, and the occasional drop on my WIFI, but no more than the old one.

I have not read anywhere on here about what time it typically takes to get things back up, but the frequency of reporting and views of this thread are certainly maintaining a steady rate on this issue.

Hope they get this straightened up soon - it has been going on for a while now.

Actually glad it has hit external media and tech sources, as maybe they will push it up on the priority list.

Let us know how it goes everybody.

Bruce

I've Been Here Awhile

The issue is not the technical breakdown but the fact that they allowed us to trade in working technology for non-working tech at the retail outlets when the THEY KNEW this was going on. That was avoidable and now I'm using all my cell phone bandwidth to connect so another cost.
I've Been Here Awhile

Totally agree.  If they have any customer service sense, they would let the customers know that there are provisioning issue and tell their customers to hold off on the exchange so that we are not out of internet for days.  It’s all about the customer instead of just letting us hang out to dry!

@look486bike wrote:
The issue is not the technical breakdown but the fact that they allowed us to trade in working technology for non-working tech at the retail outlets when the THEY KNEW this was going on. That was avoidable and now I'm using all my cell phone bandwidth to connect so another cost.