Provisioning Issue

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Provisioning Issue

Hey guys!

This message was posted on Rogers Facebook page just about 45 minutes ago.

"Some Rogers Home Phone, TV and Internet customers who have recently activated or had a new product installed may be experiencing a delay in connecting their services to the network. We are processing transactions and are working to restore all services by later this evening.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.

---

Il pourrait y avoir un délai de connexion au réseau pour certains clients de la Téléphonie résidentielle de Rogers, du service Télé et du service Internet qui ont récemment mis en service ou fait installer un nouveau produit. Nous traitons les transactions et tenterons de rétablir tous les services d’ici ce soir.

Nous sommes désolés pour les inconvénients."
I've Been Around

Also in my 3rd day without internet due to provisioning issue.  Talked with billing and support, but was not offered any compensation.  What is funny though is, while I told them I have to tether and use my own data from my phone to get online, the representative "Thomas", said oh it is a good thing.

Of course this is a good thing, driving up data usage (also better for Rogers), and not compensate us for lost usage.  This is absolutely great customer service, way to go.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Auboys

I would contact Rogers back and ask to speak to a manager. You can also contact @CommunityHelps and see what they can do. They should be offering 100% compensation on the days you haven't been able to use your services. They should not be refusing to do so. Your services do not work and it's due to a issue with Rogers. They should be giving u the compasation for the days again u haven't been able to use your services. Hopefuly they can help u out.
I've Been Here Awhile

96 hours now! 4 days. Swapped the modem Thursday (19th) morning.  This is unbelievable.  They keep lying and saying a fix is in place and it will be resolved by EOD.

I've Been Here Awhile

Same here, 4 days and counting. This is what I was afraid of. Rogers first told me it would be resolved in 24 hours then changed it to 48 hours, then changed it to "no eta." Wouldn't it be easier to just give us our old modems while they try to fix this? 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @fsdgsgsdg

Its to the point many tech sites are reporting this too. Rogers said and I quote

"We understand how frustrating this has been for our customers waiting to get up and running, and we sincerely apologize,” a Rogers spokesperson told MobileSyrup. “We’ve been working around the clock to get services up.” The company reports that it is currently provisioning the backlog via remote software update and that the majority of its customers are already back up and running, which is confirmed by a few reports on the Canadian Outages forum — though many say they are still experiencing the issue.

Read more at MobileSyrup.com: Rogers home internet customers experience multi-day outage"
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Well I’m hopeful that Bell will arrive and install Gigabit Fibe today. I’ve had issues with them too but after this experience with Rogers I’m prepared to give them another chance. Whomever gets me hooked up first gets my $200 per month!!
I've Been Here Awhile

I don't believe Rogers when they say the majority of its customers are back up. Frankly, this whole experience has made me lose trust more so than ever. Not one interaction with a service agent has been consistent, and believe me I've spoke to many. I still don't have internet and still left in the dark as to when it will be fixed.

After it is fixed, I still have to call Rogers to get reimbursed for both my Internet and wireless data overages. That's 2 phone calls because they're 2 different departments, and like at least a 30 minute wait time for each. On top of that, I have to explain my situation each time. The last person I spoke to said they weren't even aware of this issue...that was yesterday.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @fsdgsgsdg

I would contact Rogers back and ask to speak to a manager. You can also contact @CommunityHelps and see what they can do. They should be offering 100% compensation on the days you haven't been able to use your services. Your services do not work and it's due to a issue with Rogers. They should be giving u the compasation for the days again u haven't been able to use your services.

Same goes for your wireless data overcharge u will get. When you are done with the internet department on the phone, ask them to transfer u to wireless and ask for a manager there. They most likely want u to explain everything but should know.

Hopefuly they can help u out.
I've Been Around

4 days no internet. Rogers, if you think we believe that the “majority” now have internet and that it will be resolved “soon”, you must think your customers are ignorant. Thanks for the copy + paste answers. Can’t wait to spend 2 hours on the phone with home internet then wireless business departments to ask for reimbursement that should be automatic. Absolutely ridiculous.