cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Provisioning Issue

Lechuga
I've been here awhile

I had to get a new router and I've gone almost 48 hours without internet. I am completely fed up with the service at this point, is there anything I can do?  Never had any of these issues with Rogers but now I am considering just giving up and setting up service with a different company. 

***Edited Labels***

84 REPLIES 84

Re: Provisioning Issue

Hi @coco3,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for your post. 

I can understand  how frustrating it is when the service isn't working. 

Please contact us via PM @CommunityHelps next time you're online so we can take a closer look into this for you.

Our private messaging system is explained in this blog.

RogersZia

coco3
I've been here awhile

Hi, I sent you a PM, thanks.

amiratish
I've been here awhile

Internet disconnected from Wednesday July 19th

my internet get disconnected from Wednesday and I called multiple times, swap the modem and ...

I'm hearing only excuses from Rogers that there is a provisioning issue and no one can reach out to those guys and no one knows how long it will take to be resolved 

there is an incorrect modem attached to my account and no one can remove it from my account to register a new modem!!!!!!!!!

Hello Community,

We understand the importance of good and consistent service. If you are experiencing service interruptions due to provisioning issues please contact us directly via PM @CommunityHelps so we can assist you further.

Thank you for your patience and participation in the Rogers Community Forums.

RogersZia

amiratish
I've been here awhile

Still waiting for some one to fix the issue , it's almost 8 days 

RsA1
I've been around
Having a terrible time with Rogers' so called tech support after swapping my cgn3 for the Coda and not being able to get any Internet connection. Tech support called it a provisioning issue which no one can explain what it really is. Had one "supervisor", Derek say that the problem was in some script, meanwhile I was told prior to that by " tech support agent" Vanush that it was a simple fix of inputting my router's MAC and serial number and that it's been, get this "escalated" which means not one thing is being done. They say whatever to just get you off the line as quickly as they can. Got my automated call about my ticket a short while ago, no resolution to my issue. Called in and another so called "tech support". Has now said that it has been " referred" which according to her means that it is now in the right department and will soon be rectified. All the word games they play but nothing's ever done. For a simple data entry issue. Terrible service. Absolutely no reason for the service to be down for 1 hr much less 24 hrs over something as simple as inputting the modem 's information. Handling of this issue and my calls to Rogers by their supervisor and reps has been frustrating and an an outright disgrace.

RogersCilio
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hello @RsA1,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forum!

Being without internet service for over 24 hours is definitely not the type of experience we want for our customers. I can most certainly understand why you're frustrated.

Hopefully, your issue has since been resolved, but if not, we would like to look into this provisioning issue in more detail and ensure we get this resolved for you as quickly as possible. Please send us a private message @CommunityHelps the next time you're online and we can take a closer look.

For more information on our private messaging system check out our blog.

Cheers, 

RogersCilio

parikhp1
I've been here awhile

Exchanged to the gigabit CODA modem, even though my old modem wasn't having any problems.

Over 24 hours here without internet due to a provisioning issue. Completely useless help from tech support either via phone or through online chat.

While exchanging modems I was not advised of any sort of issue. I was told it would work as soon as I plugged it in. It seems one hand doesn't talk to another.

Bizarre how this can be considered standard for a company of this size. Really no help whichever avenue you turn.  This has clearly been going on for months if not years.  Get your act together.

Yup, same here. I received a letter from Rogers saying I would have to upgrade. I swapped my modem and now I have been waiting 27 hours and counting for my modem to be provisioned.

Online chat and phone says to keep waiting. There is nothing they can do. Extremely frustrating experience.

froma
I'm here a lot
Same issue here. Going on 24hrs after the Coda modem upgrade.

No one told me this could be a possibility or else I would have kept old modem. I’d rather have slow and laggy internet than none at all.

I tell ya, Bell is heavily canvassing my area after a major network upgrade they just did and are offering me the exact deal Rogers is offering me for the next 2 years.

My term is done soon so I think I just may.

Ricvik
I've been around
It's been over 24 hours now that I don't have internet due to this provisioning issue. Very disappointing. Should not have upgraded the modem had I known. Poor Rogers service all around. Not sure why the Rogers store people are clueless about this issue. Bad state of customer service at the largest telecom services company in Canada.

fsdgsgsdg
I've been here awhile
I'm also without internet due to a 'provisioning error' for an upgraded modem I didn't even ask for. Tried speaking with several agents and supervisors to get at least some understanding as to what's going on, but not surprisingly it got me nowhere. I even went to a Rogers store only to find a line up of customers with the same issue and no answers given. They couldn't even give me my old modem because it was shipped out already. I was first told it would be resolved in 24 hours and now I'm hearing it can take up to a week. I work from home and need the Internet. This is terrible service and sadly I expect nothing more from this company. So disappointing.

parikhp1
I've been here awhile

Going on 50 hours here without internet. Ridiculous.

I bet you any money they're still handing out new modems too.  Such terrible communication.

fsdgsgsdg
I've been here awhile
That's exactly the issue. I work in I.T. and understand that glitches happen, but the fact that they're still giving out new modems knowing that there's a systemic problem baffles me. What a joke.

Hello everyone,

I can definitely understand how frustrating it is waiting for a resolution here, but rest assured, our technical teams are diligently working to resolve the issue and we thank you for your continued patience.

If you have reported this issue to our technical teams, you should receive a notification when services are restored. If you haven't spoken with technical support and don't have a ticket escalated, please contact us via PM @CommunityHelps and we can open a ticket for you.

Thanks again for your patience,

RogersShaun

Got the letter to swap modem... Went into the store this morning and got it swapped..

Got stuck w/ provisioning issue like the others here.. No internet all day today.

Fun times.

maxfinity
I've been around
I switched to the CODA modem. I've been stuck provisioning for over 48hrs. This is utterly ridiculous. I'm burning through my mobile data. I have deadlines to meet.

I can track my pizza on it's way home but I can't find out when my internet will be up? No warnings, no notifications, just "We will tell you when we fix it". I've been a customer for years but I'm thinking it's time to switch.

It's not rocket science. Just tell your agents to relay this crucial information to consumers, when they come in to swap their routers. There's not even a proper, "We're still working on it" notification (via text/email) for open tickets.

It's the lack of proper communication/updates that makes this such an infuriating issue.

hfisher3380
I've been here awhile
Same here. Switched to the new modem to take advantage of a new deal that Retentions department gave me on a package including Ignite 500. No internet now for over three full days and counting. No real indication of when it may return - each day Tech Support gives me the same garbage - “hopefully it’ll be back today”. Yeah that’s what you told me yesterday. Frankly unacceptable service. And to think they’re still doing these modem swaps in their stores is absolutely laughable.

To top it all off I just got a message that I’m now over my cell data allowance. Yeah no kidding - it’s my only means of internet access!

I have work related assignments that are past due because I don’t have internet access.

I now have a Bell Fibe installation scheduled for tomorrow. I’ve had bad experiences with them in the past as well but after this nonsense from Rogers I’m gonna give their fibre to the home gigabit internet a try. At least theoretically it seems like superior technology and if I’m gonna get this kind of service from Rogers this appears to be my only recourse. Sorry Rogers, you’re in the process of losing my business.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hey guys!

This message was posted on Rogers Facebook page just about 45 minutes ago.

"Some Rogers Home Phone, TV and Internet customers who have recently activated or had a new product installed may be experiencing a delay in connecting their services to the network. We are processing transactions and are working to restore all services by later this evening.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.

---

Il pourrait y avoir un délai de connexion au réseau pour certains clients de la Téléphonie résidentielle de Rogers, du service Télé et du service Internet qui ont récemment mis en service ou fait installer un nouveau produit. Nous traitons les transactions et tenterons de rétablir tous les services d’ici ce soir.

Nous sommes désolés pour les inconvénients."

Auboys
I've been around

Also in my 3rd day without internet due to provisioning issue.  Talked with billing and support, but was not offered any compensation.  What is funny though is, while I told them I have to tether and use my own data from my phone to get online, the representative "Thomas", said oh it is a good thing.

Of course this is a good thing, driving up data usage (also better for Rogers), and not compensate us for lost usage.  This is absolutely great customer service, way to go.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Auboys

I would contact Rogers back and ask to speak to a manager. You can also contact @CommunityHelps and see what they can do. They should be offering 100% compensation on the days you haven't been able to use your services. They should not be refusing to do so. Your services do not work and it's due to a issue with Rogers. They should be giving u the compasation for the days again u haven't been able to use your services. Hopefuly they can help u out.
Topic Stats