Provisioning Issue

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Provisioning Issue

Hi, I swapped my modem on Wednesday on advice of a Rogers’s rep for a newer model due to a slow internet connection. I don't have internet since then. When I called the technical support team, they said it is a "provisioning issue" and it should be solved within 24-48 hours. However it is Friday and it is almost 48 hours, I still DON'T have the internet. I work from home Monday to Friday and due to no internet, I have to work from Tim Horton. The ticket has already been "escalated"; and they promised me it should be fixed within an hour yesterday when I called in around 11:30am. I am so disappointed. Please advice when I will get this issue fixed.

I'm a Senior Advisor

@coco3  Welcome to the forums. I am a user just like you and unfortunately, no one here can answer your question - it is a user forum, and only Rogers tech and their staff can answer your questions.

Although they are working on it, since it remains unclear when you will get your internet, you may want to consider submitting a concern about your loss of access of service by going to the myRogers page, contact us, and click on report a concern. 

Depending upon time of day, you may be able to do a live chat, but at least it gets your concern about timeliness and lost service on the record and maybe some kind of fair resolution for your time and impact on your service can be considered.

Hope you get it back soon - this seems to be becoming a recurring issue.

You may also want to push in your concern that you want to know what is being done about the ongoing reporting of this issue. I think the customers deserve answer, so you can make educated decisions about choices in reliability of different service providers.

Using communityhelps here may help move answers - they can look directly at your account and notes and other things too.  I leave it to a moderator to explain that process.

Bruce

Hi @coco3,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for your post. 

I can understand  how frustrating it is when the service isn't working. 

Please contact us via PM @CommunityHelps next time you're online so we can take a closer look into this for you.

Our private messaging system is explained in this blog.

RogersZia

I've Been Here Awhile

Hi, I sent you a PM, thanks.

I've Been Here Awhile

Internet disconnected from Wednesday July 19th

my internet get disconnected from Wednesday and I called multiple times, swap the modem and ...

I'm hearing only excuses from Rogers that there is a provisioning issue and no one can reach out to those guys and no one knows how long it will take to be resolved 

there is an incorrect modem attached to my account and no one can remove it from my account to register a new modem!!!!!!!!!

Hello Community,

We understand the importance of good and consistent service. If you are experiencing service interruptions due to provisioning issues please contact us directly via PM @CommunityHelps so we can assist you further.

Our private messaging system is explained in this blog.

Thank you for your patience and participation in the Rogers Community Forums.

RogersZia

I've Been Here Awhile

Still waiting for some one to fix the issue , it's almost 8 days 

I've Been Around

Having a terrible time with Rogers' so called tech support after swapping my cgn3 for the Coda and not being able to get any Internet connection. Tech support called it a provisioning issue which no one can explain what it really is. Had one "supervisor", Derek say that the problem was in some script, meanwhile I was told prior to that by " tech support agent" Vanush that it was a simple fix of inputting my router's MAC and serial number and that it's been, get this "escalated" which means not one thing is being done. They say whatever to just get you off the line as quickly as they can. Got my automated call about my ticket a short while ago, no resolution to my issue. Called in and another so called "tech support". Has now said that it has been " referred" which according to her means that it is now in the right department and will soon be rectified. All the word games they play but nothing's ever done. For a simple data entry issue. Terrible service. Absolutely no reason for the service to be down for 1 hr much less 24 hrs over something as simple as inputting the modem 's information. Handling of this issue and my calls to Rogers by their supervisor and reps has been frustrating and an an outright disgrace.
Retired Moderator RogersCilio
Retired Moderator

Hello @RsA1,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forum!

Being without internet service for over 24 hours is definitely not the type of experience we want for our customers. I can most certainly understand why you're frustrated.

Hopefully, your issue has since been resolved, but if not, we would like to look into this provisioning issue in more detail and ensure we get this resolved for you as quickly as possible. Please send us a private message @CommunityHelps the next time you're online and we can take a closer look.

For more information on our private messaging system check out our blog.

Cheers, 

RogersCilio

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Exchanged to the gigabit CODA modem, even though my old modem wasn't having any problems.

Over 24 hours here without internet due to a provisioning issue. Completely useless help from tech support either via phone or through online chat.

While exchanging modems I was not advised of any sort of issue. I was told it would work as soon as I plugged it in. It seems one hand doesn't talk to another.

Bizarre how this can be considered standard for a company of this size. Really no help whichever avenue you turn.  This has clearly been going on for months if not years.  Get your act together.