cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Provisioning Issue

Lechuga
I've been here awhile

I had to get a new router and I've gone almost 48 hours without internet. I am completely fed up with the service at this point, is there anything I can do?  Never had any of these issues with Rogers but now I am considering just giving up and setting up service with a different company. 

***Edited Labels***

84 REPLIES 84

Re: Provisioning Issue

One thing you may want to consider in the long run with your business.. is to consider business Internet.

While its the same connection so to speak, etc into the house.. that part doesnt change..
One thing that they do often provide is a higher SLA. (Service level agreement)

Residential internet, unfortunately i dont think really has guaranteed uptime.

Vs business internet, there usually is and will have a better turn around time.

Are they sending a tech out? 

GordC
I've been here awhile
@Highcard , they are probably telling you by EOD your service will be restored. I was down for two days as well a couple of months ago. Ask for compensation for your lost time. If you have twitter use @rogershelp to broadcast your issue. You will find many people with the same story.

Good luck

Hello @Highcard,

I'm sorry to hear that your issue has yet to be resolved. My hope is by the time you read this, your internet has been restored. 

I definitely wouldn't want you to feel as if we're not taking your issue seriously. Your safety and privacy is our priority and since this issue does require access to your account, we request for you to reach out to us via PM @CommunityHelps to further assist.

We look forward to your reply!

RogersCilio

Ever since I woke up this morning, none of my devices (PC, phone, PS4) can access the Internet through my Wi-Fi, except occasionally I can access *some* websites through my browser. Apps, etc, however never work. This made me think it might be a DNS issue but I experimented with that and it didn't help.

I contacted customer service on Twitter a few hours ago and was told my modem isn't "provisioning properly" and they will get back to me within 24 hours.

I'm confused how that could actually be the issue when a) I'm not a new customer and didn't get a new modem any time in the last 8+ months, and b) the modem itself appears to have Internet access and I can access certain websites? Is any of that normal? It is hard not to get the impression the agent didn't know what it is and said that to end the interaction.

Does anyone have any thoughts / any ideas on what I might be able to do in the meantime / any idea why "provisioning" (getting permission to access the Internet on the ISP's end) would take so long to fix?

Oh God, I was told by customer service my sudden "provisioning issue" would be resolved within 24 hours. Based on these stories it looks like I am pretty screwed and need to start looking into a new ISP.

Hi @Derick416,

We haven't heard from you in @CommunityHelps, so just following up to see if the issue you were experiencing has since been resolved?

Please keep us posted.

RogersZia

testa247
I've been here awhile

I swapped my modem on Wednesday and be hold I have no internet access cause of provisioning, is so frustrating, why cant they fix this.

Terry11
I've been around
Had to change modem today on Rogers advice. Also have a provisioning issue. Told it could take up to 24 hours to get internet back.

Hello @Terry11

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums.

Having to wait up to 24 hours to get your internet back on is definitely a nuisance!

At the moment we are noticing some issues with the provisioning of new modems on our network. But we are seeing that the issues are becoming resolved for some customers. If your modem is still not provisioned properly we may need to escalate a ticket to ensure it is prioritized and resolved in a timely manner.

To have a ticket escalated please send us a private message @CommunityHelps the next time you're online and we can take a closer look.

For more information on our private messaging system check out our blog.

Regards,

RogersTony

testa247
I've been here awhile
Hi RogersTony, I sent you a PM as I have been down for 4 days

kwho
I've been around
mine too down since wed

RogersShaun
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hi @kwho,

Welcome to the Community Forums, and thanks for reaching out!

I'm really sorry to hear you've had no internet since Wednesday, but I'm hoping that your issue has been resolved by the time you read this.  If not, please send us a private message @CommunityHelps and we can look into it.

For more information on our private messaging system, check out our blog.

Kind regards,

RogersShaun

testa247
I've been here awhile

Has this issue been resolved yet, i'm on 5 1/2 days without internet? Smiley Sad

sowmya1707
I've been around

I got a new connection on 21st of June, and its a week now my modem still does not work. 1 week to resolve a provisioning issue! this is heights. Its been a week without internet access. I am just wasting time each day calling the customer care. All I get is the same response, they just don't tell when the issue will be resolved!

BS
I'm a senior advisor

I read these topics about provisioning and I begin to wonder if we are back in the 60's when provisioning meant physcially setting up switches manually, and getting routing set up again manually.  Provisioning, beyond someone coming to your door and make sure that the cable is connected to the network, is all generally done from a keyboard.  Even with Bell, the cables, may still be punched down, but they just make sure the connections aren't corroded, and someone at a computer terminal sets the "provisioning" of the switching and device MAC adressses etc.

Claiming provisioning delays in this day and age, sorry, I don't buy it.  Somebody in the current field, correct me if I am wrong and clarify why anyone would see long delays in "provisioning".

Bruce

I've had a provisioning issue for more than 24 hours. I switched my modem because of constant speed issues. Now i have no service rather than terrible service. I work with provisioning systems and days to fix this is unacceptable . It means Rogers has no concern for their customers because a serious company would assign more than what must be 1 person to fix the issue. Also I'm. Not sure why they aren't addressing the underlying provisioning issue as its,clear there is a problem.  Rather than spending money to fix it they are happy to leave customers with no,service and no concern. The only option it seems is to cancel my service . Although I'm on a 2year promo it serves no purpose if the service doesn't work and I will refuse to pay anything to leave earlier than 2 years due to Rogers not providing service that I am paying for. And I'll be taking my cell, cable and home phone services away too. Fibe is putting in Gigabit in my area and maybe their gig service will actually work as Rogers doesn't deliver this service either in my area even though they continue to sell it (different complaint for a different issue that I gave up on). It all just adds up To an arrogant company who doesn't care

Hello @shawndl,

More than 24 hours of no service is definitely not right! I don't blame you at all for feeling completely frustrated because of these problems.

Provisioning issues generally do not take such a long time to get resolved, we have been noticing some issues recently but those issues appear to be resolved for the most part. We would like to look into this provisioning issue in more detail and ensure we get this resolved for you as quickly as possible. Please send us a private message @CommunityHelps the next time you're online and we can take a closer look.

For more information on our private messaging system check out our blog.

Regards,

RogersTony

KevinK67
I've been here awhile
So what's going on? Swapped my modem on Monday on advice of a Rogers rep for a newer model. Haven't been online since. Was told when I called it was this "provisioning issue" and it should be rectified within 24-48 hours. It's now Thursday. That's 4 days and counting. They offered me a small credit at the time but I m now into overages on my cell data that are more than double that. I'm now out of pocket for a disruption that I was told would be fixed 2 days ago. Ticket has already been "escalated"; whatever that means.

Hi @KevinK67,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums Robot Happy!

Like RogersTony mentioned in the post above, provisioning issues should not take this long to get resolved. I can understand how frustrating it is if the internet is not working for so long!

We'd like to expedite the resolution for you. Please contact us via PM @CommunityHelps next time you're online so we can take a closer look into this for you.

Our private messaging system is explained in this blog.

RogersZia

coco3
I've been here awhile

Hi, I swapped my modem on Wednesday on advice of a Rogers’s rep for a newer model due to a slow internet connection. I don't have internet since then. When I called the technical support team, they said it is a "provisioning issue" and it should be solved within 24-48 hours. However it is Friday and it is almost 48 hours, I still DON'T have the internet. I work from home Monday to Friday and due to no internet, I have to work from Tim Horton. The ticket has already been "escalated"; and they promised me it should be fixed within an hour yesterday when I called in around 11:30am. I am so disappointed. Please advice when I will get this issue fixed.

BS
I'm a senior advisor

@coco3  Welcome to the forums. I am a user just like you and unfortunately, no one here can answer your question - it is a user forum, and only Rogers tech and their staff can answer your questions.

Although they are working on it, since it remains unclear when you will get your internet, you may want to consider submitting a concern about your loss of access of service by going to the myRogers page, contact us, and click on report a concern. 

Depending upon time of day, you may be able to do a live chat, but at least it gets your concern about timeliness and lost service on the record and maybe some kind of fair resolution for your time and impact on your service can be considered.

Hope you get it back soon - this seems to be becoming a recurring issue.

You may also want to push in your concern that you want to know what is being done about the ongoing reporting of this issue. I think the customers deserve answer, so you can make educated decisions about choices in reliability of different service providers.

Using communityhelps here may help move answers - they can look directly at your account and notes and other things too.  I leave it to a moderator to explain that process.

Bruce

Topic Stats