cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Provisioning Issue

Lechuga
I've been here awhile

I had to get a new router and I've gone almost 48 hours without internet. I am completely fed up with the service at this point, is there anything I can do?  Never had any of these issues with Rogers but now I am considering just giving up and setting up service with a different company. 

***Edited Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Provisioning Issue

Hello Community,

We understand the importance of good and consistent service. If you are experiencing service interruptions due to provisioning issues please contact us directly via PM @CommunityHelps so we can assist you further.

Our private messaging system is explained in this blog.

Thank you for your patience and participation in the Rogers Community Forums.

RogersZia

View solution in original post

84 REPLIES 84

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Lechuga

I had this last year when i moved into a basement apartment and they changed my modem.

I called into Rogers and they had a issue on the back end and took almost a week to fix it. Sadly they couldn't do much but waived my monthly fee service and i had no internet for the week.

I would highly contact Rogers and have them transfer you to a level 2 tech and have them create a ticket and see what can be done.

Lechuga
I've been here awhile

I did do all of that but they have not resolved my issue, they just keep telling me to wait. I definitely think that if it is going to take passed two days I should just go ahead and cancel and set up with a different company who will take less than a day or so to set up the service. 

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Lechuga

If there is a back end issue, it can take a couple of days to fix as per my mesaage above of what happened with me. Usually it's due to many requests happening at the same time, the S/N having difficulties being added on the account and such.

Have you spoken to the manager? See maybe they can push it? If not try,

Of that doesn't resolve the issue, you can cancel your account and go to someone else but do remember this can happen with them to. So just a heads up

Lechuga
I've been here awhile

I've done that all ready. My ticket was rushed and nothing has been resolved. 

To add to meowmix's reply.

If you do choose to change companies, remember that many of the 3rd party ones, go on rogers lines, etc.

You would have to go to a DSL or Bell Fibe, to move away to one that uses the rogers cables.

Any 3rd party which uses rogers lines, their modems need to be registered/provisioned on the rogers network, just like the rogers ones.  And they could run into the same holdbacks as what is happening here.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Lechuga

The only choice you have is cancel and go with someone else and take the chance like GDKITTY and I said or try again.

Believe me this isn't something that should happen but it does. It happened to me for a week without Internet which my smart tvs you, laptop, tablet, cameras, security system, light systems and remote controls that I use. I was stuck without it for a week but got it works after another manager figured it out and fixed It.

Bell is your only choice as they use their own line. Others use Rogers line to be used as Gdkitty said.

esidat
I've been around

I have had my modem replaced today due to a faulty modem. As of now, It has been few hours and I am still without internet because of provisioning issue. I have never seen this type of issue in Bell or with any other ISPs.  It's completely ridiculous. I am very disappointed.

I just had a talk with the live agent, I was told that this type of issue handle by the engineering team. They opened up a ticket for the back end team few hours ago but unfortunately even my ticket even has not been acknowledged yet.

I work from home 100% and can't live without internet. I am very frustrated and disappointed.

Any solution to escalate this type of issue? 😞

gp-se
I'm an advisor

@esidat if you read the previous posts, there isn't much that can be done. If it takes more than a few days I would ask for a bill credit. 

masdfh
I've been around

turned in  a perfectly good modem as advised by tech because it was old. New one looks great! too bad it wont work because they cannot provision it.  They told me the system crashed 4 hrs before i got new modem. The guys in the store either wasnt told this or ignored it. tech suppport (misnomer)  tells me that they have no idea when it will work maybe in a few days not sure.

Beyond unhelpful. I asked yesterday within an hour of getting the new modem home if i can just go back to store and get my old modem back, they told me it would not work now either. two days of waiting for some incompetent to fix the problem with no end in sight. This company really  is a joke.

KimonoDragon
I've been here awhile

I have the same problem. I am appalled by the lack of effort to communicate with customers. I am without internet for more than 30 hours and counting and support can give me no eta or any insight into what’s going on.

I bet that even now people who are going in store to get new modems are not being advised to postpone the exchange. You would think one of the biggest telecom will have their marbles together on such a basic issue.

GordC
I've been here awhile
Im still without internet coming up to 48 hrs due to provisioning issues. Was sent a text saying it was fixed 5 mins after talking to tech services. Again chatted with tech services then told by EOD it will be resolved. Not very happy right now. I stuck with Roger for reliability and strong tech support. Maybe time to source services elsewhere.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @GordC

Believe me i have been there. Read my post below and see. This is something that has happened to my self and many it seems.

" Believe me this isn't something that should happen but it does. It happened to me for a week without Internet which my smart tvs you, laptop, tablet, cameras, security system, light systems and remote controls that I use. I was stuck without it for a week but got it works after another manager figured it out and fixed It. "

GordC
I've been here awhile
@Meowmix one week without all those services. I hope you compensated fairly well by Rogers.

See what I don't understand about these big companies providing telecommunications services is when they are experiencing issues such as this they don't come right out and offer something to compensate for the loss of service.

This provisioning issues seems to be an old issue with those who get new modems. What is the cause of a provisioning error?

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @GordC

A month's worth of my Bill was waived. That's all. But alot of time was wasted on my end trying to get this fixed.

Honestly i have no clue. The manager told me that this happens during the back end when the server tries to register the modem and or cable box but the system and server won't accept it and causes a provision problem.

GordC
I've been here awhile
@Meowmix thats the other part we all go through when dealing with these big companies "time on our part to follow up and tell our story to endless CSRs to have an issue fixed". Im sure a lot f issues can be fixed in the matter of min/hours not day/weeks.

Lets see if they hold true to their commitment to fix my issue by EOD. Even though its been two days without service. Oh i got a robo call saying the issue is being looked at .......

toolcubed
I'm a senior contributor
So the provisioning issue still exists right now but Rogers is promising that it will be resolved by end of day today (Mar 2nd)? I was planning to swap my Dad's modem for a CODA but I might need to hold off if there are still provisioning issues. Funny, I called tech support today to ask them about the swap and they didn't mention this issue 🙂

So what is provisioning? her is a doc that might explain it and anywher along the line things can go wrong. After all we are dealing with man made devices and software.

PROVISIONING

Way over my head but it is disturbing when problems happen.

Brian

Highcard
I've been here awhile
Exactly as described above has happened to me. I was advised to get a new modem, now Rogers can't connect it to their network or give the old one back. No internet and no solution. I even called in advance to try and avoid downtime, and was assured the exchange would be problem free. WARNING to anyone who relies on internet for business as I do. Rogers will not tell you when it will be fixed or help you in any meaningful way other then give you a paltry credit. If it causes you significant business problems and embarrassment, too bad for you. I will definetly be cancelling most of my services with Rogers.

Hello @Highcard,

Welcome to the Rogers Forums.

Although not the best experience, I appreciate you posting it and sharing your feedback. I can definitely understand your frustration, especially considering the impact to your business.

Provisioning issues are never something we can predict, unfortunately they happen from time to time. We try to resolve it as soon as possible when they do occur, hopefully in your case, it's since been fixed.

If you're still experiencing a provisioning fault, please reach out to us via PM @CommunityHelps and we'll try to get this resolved for you in a timely manner! Our private messaging system is explained here.

I look forward to your reply!

Regards,

RogersCilio

Highcard
I've been here awhile
It's the next day and the internet modem issue still has not been fixed. Anyone reading please note the standard Rogers response in my experience, shown above: 1) sorry we are not giving you what you pay us for 2) but we are not going to help you in any meaningful way, 'stuff happens' and 3) here is a way you can waste some more of your time.
Picture your business now on the second day with no internet, and how much this response would comfort you.
Thanks for responding. I am still experiencing further issues. You know who I am, please just fix it.
Topic Stats