Primary Rogers email account - Registration Key and Number

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Primary Rogers email account - Registration Key and Number

Seems to me there is a catch 22 for new subscribers.  Step 1 in the process is "Refer to a copy of your paper bill or sign in to your MyRogers account* to view a PDF version of your paper bill."  So I have to wait a month until my first bill to set up an email account?  Seems kind of idiotic Rogers 🙂

*Added Labels*

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Primary Rogers email account - Registration Key and Number

Is the changes being made at yahoo.com email apply to Rogers.com? I mean yahoo is changing groups you will have to log into to join and other things and do it by Dec. 21st.
Rogers yahoo webmail is my primary account but I don’t have any groups to join. So is it agreeing to Rogers email terms at this time?
Highlighted

Hey @davidcarr!

Welcome to the community!

I can appreciate wanting to get the Rogers email set up prior to your first bill for sure and it's absolutely doable! You can contact Rogers support at your convenience and they can provide you with your registration key and number.

I would recommend reaching out via Facebook Messenger or Twitter :). Alternatively you can contact Internet support at 1 855 381 7839 or Live Chat.

Definitely let us know if you have any other questions!

@RogersAndy

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Tried that.  Maybe I got the wrong department.  Tried Internet service who eventually transferred me to the billing department.  Which department should I ask for the registration key?

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Here is how you get your registration key if it was not given to you:

https://www.rogers.com/customer/support/article/create-a-new-rogers-email-account?setLanguage=en

Create a New Rogers Yahoo! Email Address

To create your primary Rogers Yahoo! email account, you’ll first need to register with Yahoo! For this you’ll need to have your Registration Key and Registration Number on hand.

What’s my Registration Key?

To find out your Registration Key:

1. Refer to a copy of your paper bill or sign in to your MyRogers account* to view a PDF version of your paper bill.
  2. Under the first product category on your paper bill (e.g. TV, or Internet), look for a 12-digit account number that starts with 2.
  3. Your Registration Key is the letter S followed by the 12-digit account number on your paper bill. For example, S2xxxxxxxxxxx.

* Not sure how to view/print your paper bill through your MyRogers account? Find out how under the Billing How-To’s section on the Online and Paper Billing FAQ.

What’s my Registration Number?

Your Registration Number is the last four digits of the contact phone number registered on your MyRogers user profile — repeated twice with no spaces or dashes.

For example: if your contact number is 416 123-4567, your Registration Number is 45674567.

Create your email address

Now, it’s time to create your primary email account.

1. Go to rogers.com/begin to get started.
  2. Enter your Registration Key and Registration Number, then select Next.
  3. Accept the Terms of Service, then select Next.
  4. Choose a username and password.
  5. Confirm your password.
  6. Enter your personal information.
  7. Select a security question and enter an answer.
  8. Once you’ve completed the form, select Create.
  9. When registration is completed, select OK to go to sign in.

Tip: Once you’ve created your primary email address, create secondary email addresses for yourself and the rest of your household in the Rogers Member Centre.

Last updated: February 21, 2019

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Thanks for the suggestion Pauly, but not helpful since you cannot refer to a bill you don't receive until AFTER your first month of service.
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I actually got my Account number while I was on the phone with the Sales Department signing up for Roger's Ignite internet. They gave it to me then and they also gave it to me during the Customer Billing Promise e-mail that I received shortly afterwards.

And even if you did not get the account number during that time, you do NOT have to wait till your first bill is generated, you can simply call Customer Service, and ask a General Question about what is your account number and they will be happy to provide it to you, and from then you can register for the MyRogers portal as well as create your Rogers primary email address.  I chose not to use a @Rogers.com email address as I already have a personal email address that everybody knows about also in the event I move to an area not serviced by rogers in the future, I do not wish to lose my email address. but to each his own

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

If I was interested in my 9 digit account number I can simply log into my account. However the registration key is 12 digits with an "S" in front. Again not helpful.
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Rogers wireless accounts are 9 digits but rogers cable and rogers high speed internet are 12 digit. If you have multiple products then your account number has been consolidated so you need to call and get your broadband account number. Trust me on this. I know my ish

Highlighted

Hello @davidcarr

When you download your invoice in a PDF, you can view the 12 digit "cable reference number" on the same page as the TV/INT billing.

Hope this helps :).

RogersZia