cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting all emails

Pgb777
I've been around

We have finally done it and canceled our Roger services once and for all but now I'm tasked with forwarding my emails from my inbox. I have well over 500 emails to forward, the technician told me the easiest way to do this is find a YouTube video but I believe coming to this forum might offer me the better solution so, what do you recommend I do to forward my emails out of rogers?

**Labels Added**

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Porting all emails

jjjjy7
I'm a reliable contributor

@Pgb777   If you know someone who has Rogers services, you can add your Rogers email address to their account and keep your email.  With a separate password, they won't be able to access/view any of your emails.  I know a couple of people who have done this.

jc277
I plan to stick around

What a coincidence! My sister is trying to do that today. She is moving to an area not served by Rogers. I am willing to host her email account. She called and set it up, telling me that all I had to do was call and give my permission. The agent I reached insisted that my sister would have to call Rogers again and give a reference number, which he gave me. He claimed to have noted my permission on the file. We'll see if that works out. It seems one agent doesn't know what another agent has already done.

A smart system would have put that permission Yes/No on MyRogers and sent me an email.

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Yeah.. I have ported my email 3x now.. once away from my parents account... to my own.  Then I had to cancel for 6 months.. so moved it to the inlaws... then once back on rogers, added it back to mine.

BEST way i found overall, was to have both people on the phone... both you as well as the person who is in charge of the other account.. and can just pass back and forth for authorization.
(though I understand this is not always possible for everyone)

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Pgb777 wrote:

We have finally done it and canceled our Roger services once and for all but now I'm tasked with forwarding my emails from my inbox. I have well over 500 emails to forward, the technician told me the easiest way to do this is find a YouTube video but I believe coming to this forum might offer me the better solution so, what do you recommend I do to forward my emails out of rogers?

**Labels Added**

That I am aware of.. there is not much of an easy way to do this.. as in webmial, etc there is not option then to FORWARD, etc after you select more than one email.

In most cases.. i have seen people do stuff in a full email client.. windows mail, outlook, etc.  And set it up to DOWNLOAD a copy to local.  Then there will be a copy on that software, and could connect the new email there as well.

Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 4 in conversation