Portable Dell Inspiron can't connect to new Rogers modem

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Portable Dell Inspiron can't connect to new Rogers modem

I just got a new modem from Rogers.    All of my computers/ipad can connect, except one portable Dell Inspiron.   Last week, Rogers asked me to exchange my modem for a more recent one.   Which I did.    I was able to connect with computers (desktop and portable) and Ipad.   But can't with my Dell Inspiron which is an older computer.  Strangely, with that same computer I can connect to any other networks except mine at home.   As required, I select my network, enter my password and the result is always "can't connect to that network".   Can someone has a clue of what could be the source of the problem?   A technician looked at it and the settings seems all ok.   But still can't connect to my own network at home.    

Retired Moderator RogersCilio
Retired Moderator

Re: Portable Dell Inspiron can't connect to new Rogers modem

Hello @robdug,

Welcome to the Community!

I had a similar problem, so I know first hand how annoying it is.  Before we jump in, we need more information, so, can you kindly confirm 2 things:

• The modem model
  • Operating system on your PC

Look forward to hearing back

Regards,

RogersCilio

I've Been Here Awhile

The modem model : Hitron CGN3

Operating system on your PC : Windows 10

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The first thing I would do is delete the network profile, then reboot the laptop and try to connect it again.  Here is a link to the instructions to delete the existing profile:

http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3507-wireless-network-profile-delete-windows-10-a.html

I've Been Here Awhile

That has been done.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

ok, good guess, no cigar....  Have you drilled down into the wifi adapter settings to ensure that it doesn't have a static IP address set, which is out of the IP range of the Hitron.  If you look at the connected devices list on the Hitron user interface, is there any evidence that the laptop is connecting to the modem even though the laptop is indicating that there is no connection available?

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Unfortunately, I wouldn't know and where to find that information.