cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port forwarding device not showing up in dropdown menu

Parandebest
I've been around

I am attempting to set up a port forward but my device is not shown in the drop down list. The device is connected to the network and shows up in connected devices but not in the drop down list for port forwarding.

***Added Labels***

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Port forwarding device not showing up in dropdown menu

RogersCorey

Hello and welcome to our Community @Parandebest!

What modem are you using? What kind of device are you trying to port forward here?

We need a little more information before we can help.

Regards,

RogersCorey

Re: Port forwarding device not showing up in dropdown menu

I am wondering if they are on the Ignite modem?

Going into the forwarding, it  looks like they have FIXED it, at least that you can actually apply them now (it was broken for a while)

But I am seeing similar possibly?

Right now, for port forwarding, when I go in, you need to specifically have to select a device (where before you could add a static IP address)  Which in of itself, it wouldnt be so bad.
Though from what I can see myself, it only appears at least to me, to specifically be seeing ONLINE devices at the time only.   The list of choices seems to match my online devices.  
The modem has a list of offline ones, but not as a choice on the port forwarding.

I am wondering if you need to ensure that the device is online, say doing something (streaming, etc at the time to show active) then to do the port forward?

Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 in conversation