Port Forwarding Problems with Hitron CGN2-ROG

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Port Forwarding Problems with Hitron CGN2-ROG

I am trying to port forward a port for a Minecraft server. Before, when I was using the Cisco modem, it worked fine. But now, it doesn't work. I mean, it works as a lan server, but does not work outside of my internet, and also I can't connect to it using my actuall IP. Any help would be appreciated.

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Port Forwarding Problems with Hitron CGN2-ROG

Many people have had issues with the Hitron and port forwarding. While you can set them in the forwarding, they don't seem to actually work Smiley Sad

Most people will put the Hitron in bridged mode and then use their own router which the port forwarding works on.

I've Been Here Awhile

That's what I was looking into doing, but the problem is the only router we have (Which we don't use) is a Wireless S router. So if  I set it to bridge mode, I would need to get a new router. And may I ask, how do you put it in bridge mode? And after you put it in bridge mode, is it possible to set it back to normal whenever?

Thanks, Jake.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The hitron itself, is the only one of the rogers 3 ones, that i havent actualy used myself.. so i am not sure on the exact location of it myself, sorry Smiley Sad
Possibly another user who has, would be able to help in that regard.  As well, you can also call in, and have then switch it over for you.

If it is like the other two, all you need to do is a HARD reset on the unit, and it should put it right back to the way it was out of the box.

****Update****

To set up bridge mode on a Hitron CGN2, you would need to follow the steps below:

1.Directly connect an Ethernet cable from the modem to the computer.
2.Open a web browser and enter the following address to access the gateway login page: 192.168.0.1.
3.Login with:
Username: cusadmin
Password: password
4.On the left hand side, click Basic Setup.
5.Once the Basic Setup page has loaded, click the Capability tab at the top.
6.Remove the check mark in the Residential Gateway function box.
7.Click Apply and the gateway will restart
8. Once the modem is online, plug a device into port one to test their connectivity.
-While in bridged mode, only port one will be active on the gateway.
Note: If you want to put the modem back into gateway mode, factory reset the modem by pressing the reset button on the back for more than 10 seconds

I've Been Here Awhile

Thank you, Gdkitty Smiley Happy

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

No problem Smiley Happy

If you need any help in choosing a router, etc, please feel free to Private Message me here and i can offer some sugestions Smiley Happy

I Plan to Stick Around

I would suggest you purchase the Port Forwarding software from PortForward.com  I have the CGN2-ROG and I had this router/modem added to their list of supported hardware.  Mine works like a charm and I've seen your game in there.  Their tech in California, as they are an Australian company, will stay with you until your problem is resolved.  Great company.

Jim