Periodically slow internet speed with Hitron CGN2 with flashing yellow-green wifi light

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Re: Periodically slow internet speed with Hitron CGN2 with flashing yellow-green wifi light

Thank you @Datalink

@cindybubbles We are awaiting your response via PM so we can run some tests on the connection.

RogersAsif

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Periodically slow internet speed with Hitron CGN2 with flashing yellow-green wifi light

Dear all: 

I just got your private message, and sent you the info.

Thanks,

cindybubbles

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

My sister advised me to wait until her husband is able to come over so that he can assess the situation himself.

thanks,

cindybubbles

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

In the meantime, I've moved my modem off the dresser in my father's second-floor bedroom and onto the floor, and right now the Internet seems to be better. 

I will have to wait until my brother-in-law comes over to assess the situation, though.

Thanks,

cindybubbles

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

My sister and brother-in-law came and fixed it. They discovered that I had enabled guest WiFi, and that made the signal worse, so we disabled it.

Also, they brought and set up an external wireless router, connected it to the modem through an Ethernet cable, disabled the built-in wireless router that came with the modem, and then set up a new network that works better now.

Thanks for all your help!

cindybubbles

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Happy to hear your issues are resolved @cindybubbles Smiley Happy Thank you for updating the Community!

RogersAsif