Packet Loss / Issues Playing Online Games

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Packet Loss / Issues Playing Online Games

Greetings @herrshaun! Welcome to our Community!

If you should be experiencing any latency while gaming, you've come to the right place. I would like to investigate this matter for you further. Please PM us @CommunityHelps so that I may further assist.

If you're not familiar with our PMing process, you can find instructions here.

Regards,

RogersCorey

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

The Rogers Tech guy came, slapped some little thing between the modem and the cord, and before he left I noted that it looked like it wasn't fixed.

The tech said, "Call me back in an hour if it's still not working", then left -- I did just that, he answered the phone, and told me he'd call me back in 15 minutes...guess who never got a phone call back.

Called him 3 times afterwards [once every half hour just in case he was busy or something] and they all went straight to voicemail; he was clearly ignoring me.

Came to find out that he had marked the job as 'resolved' and closed the case file [when I called back into Rogers about the situation], so they're sending out someone from their "recurring" department tomorrow morning to check it out since this is a "recurring" problem.

Honestly feeling like this is never going to be sorted out at this point because after 6 techs have come through my home none have figured out where the problem is stemming from, nor how to fix it, despite me giving evidence of it happening.

I am beyond frustrated at this point...this is ridiculous.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@sywalkerlover Dude, do yourself a favor and don't give them any business. They screwed up my internet and kept me on the phone/chat for over 4-5 hours total and did not resolve my issue.

They're "sending a tech" even though it's clearly on their own end when things would work properly for 3-4 days and then go back to being horrible, while I did nothing to change anything on my end.

Going to Bell after being with Rogers for over a decade. This is just pathetic, they don't appreciate their customer base.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Disabled UPNP and Disabled Port forwading,no problem with packet lost since i have done that.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@M4TH1EU 

lol

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

For some reason i have lot of packet lost with upnp enabled,i disabled it and now its fine no packet lost in game since
Highlighted
I'm an Enthusiast

Which games ? I wonder if I should disable mine .. but the thing I have 2 Xbox one plying online so I think I need upnp
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I play Modern warfare and Sea of thieves and both game i have packet lost with upnp enabled

Highlighted
I've Been Around

I just disabled UPNP and Port forwarding and my lag/warping while playing MWO is now gone. 

Thanks for the info.