Outlook - imap.mail.yahoo.com server closed the connection

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Re: Outlook - imap.mail.yahoo.com server closed the connection

@Der_Schmengie wrote:

Hey Rogers....anyone work there? Why allow your users to fumble around in the dark with a problem that obviously remains a problem? These forums are a supplier's responsibility dodge.

No one from Rogers works here. These community forums are a way to duck responsibility by letting customers help each other. Some altruistic people enjoy doing it I guess.  You can also try sending a private message (PM) to @CommunityHelps which will get you a "response" from a moderator. 

As for this topic, I can share my IMAP setting with you for User 1 and User 2 if you are still having a problem.  They seem to be working for me at the moment. 

Hello @User14!

I'd like to take a moment to correct some of the points that you're making here.

From 8AM-12AM these forums are fully monitored by Rogers employed moderators, 7 days a week. Currently, we have myself @RogersCorey, @RogersLaura and @RogersTony working the forums. If you PM us @CommunityHelps, you will get a response from the first one of us available and we will offer full end to end support for any supported issue when you do so.

These forums aren't a way to duck responsibility, they're simply an open peer to peer forum that we have facilitated so that our customers can speak with one another. It's a place where you can come and talk shop and speak with some seriously savvy users. 

Please keep in mind that these forums are just one of many ways to reach us at Rogers. We pride ourselves for offering so many different channels to suit our customer's individual preferences. You can always call us, tweet at us, Facebook us and chat with us directly.

Regards,

RogersCorey

I've Been Here Awhile

Hi Everyone,

I am running into a problem in sending email from Outlook 2019.  This is a brand new Laptop/Setup.  I have used the Auto Setup for email, and manually created.  I have also been online with Roger Tech Support - who advised that something is blocking the send (however when I look at my Firewall Logs, I can see the Send Request is going out).

Issue is IMAP: 
Task 'my email account - Sending' reported error (0x800CCC0F) : 'The connection to the server was interrupted. If this problem continues, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).'

Not sure what is happening.  I have 3 systems at home - all of which work - except this new one.

I've Been Here Awhile

Thought I would let everyone know that I found the fix for my System on another forum.  

My System -> Alienware 17 R5.

Issue -> Killer Command Center - specifically detect advanced streams.  I guess it shapes the wifi traffic and for some reason was dropping/interrupting the connection to rogers.

Fix -> Assuming you have Windows 10 - Go to the Killer website (Not Dell) - there is a new version of driver and software.  Download.

In Windows 10 - in Apps, remove all applications that begin with "Killer".

Reboot

Run the new Driver/Application (if you try it with the old software installed, it will error out).

Install the new Killer App from Windows Store (if it does not already install).  Should fix your issue.  Driver will be February 2019, so you can tell if you have the new one or not.

I'm a Trusted Contributor

With Win 10 and Outlook 16, these settings seem to work for me.

Rogers.com IMAP Serverimap.mail.yahoo.com
IMAP port993
IMAP securitySSL / TLS
IMAP usernameYour full email address
IMAP passwordYour Rogers.com password

Rogers.com SMTP Serversmtp.mail.yahoo.com
SMTP port465
SMTP securitySSL / TLS
SMTP usernameYour full email address
SMTP passwordYour Rogers.com password

For the outgoing server authorization in Outlook 16 , I picked: "use same settings"  when asked.

I don't seem to have the same problem, but thanks for the info.