Outlook.com can't set up Rogers POP3 email accounts

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Outlook.com can't set up Rogers POP3 email accounts

Just thinking about that... thats POSSIBLY why its not really working?

Its possible that OUTSIDE DNS servers, do not have the proper entries for pop.broadband.rogers.com... that its an internaly optimized route?

heck, WAY back in the day, you used to be able to put just POP or SMTP, and it would be routed to the right pop.broadband.rogers.com

(not overly sure.. dont use an email client personally anymore, other than on my phone/ipad.. so dont use the regular addressing anymore)

Unfortunately i am not at home at the moment.. so cant easily check what the DNS servers are.
(the 2 machines i can remote connect to at home, both use the google DNS exclusively.. so cant even see on them :P)

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Try to add Google's DNS server 8.8.8.8 in your Rogers router. This link is also useful.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Hello 🙂

How can I know the password provided by ISP? 

Everytime I need to set up my Outlook, it promots me to use a password. I kept turning around the bush with this outlook thing. I did create a Rogers Yahoo account to log in with, but still that password. 

Please help.

Thank you. 

Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hi @SophiaAchamsi,

Thank you for your post and Welcome to the Community Forums!Smiley Happy 

To setup your Rogers email in Outlook you'll need to use the same login credentials from the Rogers Yahoo account. Click here and refer to the lower left of the page to select your version of Outlook from the Email Program drop down box. This will show you a screen shots step by step including the required numbers / information to enter into the boxes.

Hope this helps,
RogersArthur

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Thank you very much for your help. The problem is that my outlook wouldn't even open/work unless I insert the Rogers Yahoo email, WHICH I DID cuz I already have an account there :). But, I don't have the password provided by my INTERNET SERVICE PROVIDER. How can I get that? rogers.jpg

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

I also tried the manual way but still faced this. 

Please help me..

original2.jpg

Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hi @SophiaAchamsi,

Thank you for the screen shots, they're really helpful.  Smiley Happy

So far I see you're still in the process of trying to setup your Rogers Yahoo email account to work in Outlook. If you're looking for the password provided by your INTERNET SERVICE PROVIDER to enter into both the 'Password' and 'retype Password' boxes (from the first screen shot). You need to use the same password used to log into your online Rogers Yahoo webmail (webmail.rogers.com). Please click here to test your Rogers Yahoo email login credentials again online to make sure you're still able to log into your email account. If so, maybe you could see if the Outlook will accept a copy / paste of the password, or for confirmation try testing the same user login credentials on another computer using that PC's default mail program.

Hope this helps,
RogersArthur

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Thank you @RogersArthur for your help.

I am still facing this problem. I did provide the password I log in with to Rogers Yahoo Acount but I still get this. 

Btw, the password works perfectly when I log in to the web. 

original.jpg

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

I got this msg, too. 

I am really sorry for bothering you. It's just that I really need to fix this. 

original1.jpg

Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hi SophiaAchamsi,

Thank you for your patience, no bother at all, here in the Rogers Community Forums we're always more than happy to assist you.  Smiley Happy

If you have tried disabling your computers firewall and/or anti-virus software and the problem still persist. It definitely looks like a password issue with your Rogers email and Outlook. If you're not able to confirm the issue by testing your login credentials on another computer/Outlook. I would suggest you change your Rogers.com email password, refer to the following steps below for information on changing your Rogers email password:

Reset Your Rogers Yahoo! Email Password

1. Click here to go to the Rogers Yahoo! sign-in page.
  2. Click I can't access my account.
  3. Click I have a problem with my password.
  4. Click Next.
  5. Enter your Yahoo! ID (Rogers Yahoo! email address).
  6. Type in the visual code.
  7. Click Next.
  8. Answer your security question.
  9. Click Next.
  10. Enter your new password, and confirm it.
  11. Click Next to complete the password change.

Let us know if this suggestion works for you,
RogersArthur