Outlook 2016 update

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Outlook 2016 update

I think someone posted on the first page somewhere.. that it appears to be an OUTLOOK issue.. one of the recent updates for it.. has caused it.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks for the reply Gdkitty, So Microsoft Outlook 2016 recent update is causing the problem? If so was there a solution to this problem?
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

At least that is what the other two users posted..

(i dont use outlook myself at least currently on a PERSONAL bassis... and at work, we are forced to use Lotus Notes *shudder*)

Likely would have to wait for the next MS update for it to hopefully fix it?

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

It is related to Outlook, where it is not duplicating in the Webmail access and Microsoft has had this issue in the past with other Outlook versions (ie. Express experienced this long ago). Easy fix, remove your email profile from Outlook, readd it and it'll download the messages as usual and only one copy will be there.

I don't have an answer if it will reoccur though, but this is how I've been resolving it so far.

I believe it is a corrupt local file of the user profile (I think .pst?) and when removing the account and readding, it creates a new one and the messages are not duplicated then.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

I have windows 10 and am trying to get my rogers email sent directly to my outlook2016 with no luck please help!!!

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Settings are as follows:
  1. Incoming Server - imap.mail.yahoo.com.
  2. Outgoing Server - smtp.mail.yahoo.com.
  3. Incoming Port - 993 (requires SSL)
  4. Outgoing Port - 465 (requires SSL/TLS)
  5. Username: full email address (for example, xxxxxx@rogers.com)
  6. Password: the password you login to Rogers Yahoo! with.