Outlook 2016 update

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Outlook 2016 update

Thanks for the reply robindp. I didn't realize that any information I added to Microsoft Outlook 2016 Calendar was automatically added to Yahoo email calendar, but to answer your question, no the Yahoo calendar is empty. I also noticed that the Outlook email contact list which had maybe 60 entries is also empty now and no it's not in the Yahoo contacts either.
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Hmm.. sounds like the contacts, and the calendar, were just stored locally on the outlook.

And durring the updates or fixes.. you were switched to a NEW mail file/profile in outlook.. 
So while your mail is now attached.. all the data from the calendar, contacts, etc are/were stored in the other.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks for the reply Gdkitty Does this mean that my contact list as well as several years of Calendar information is lost?
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Hard to say..

Not knowing what exactly was done between you and anyone else with stupport, etc..

There may be the old profile there.. where you could access it? and they copy stuff from?
Hard to say 😞

Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

Hello @Nickel11,

Your contacts and missing calendar information may be located in an Oulook PST file somewhere on your hard drive. Try this:

- Hold down the WINDOWS key and press R - the Run box should appear. 

- Type CMD and press [enter]. The Command Prompt appears. 

- Type dir *.pst /s and press [enter]. Take note of any files found. 

- Type dir *.ost /s and press [enter]. Take note of any files found. 

- Return to Outlook, and click File > Open and Export > Open Outlook Data File. Locate and open each file you noted above. 

Hopefully, your contacts and calendar information are in one of these files!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

robindp, I don't know how the heck you were able to figure that out but I found the old Outlook Calendar as well as contact list. Thank you so much It did however create another issue in that I found the information on the 2nd attempt and now I have 3 of the same email accounts. Mind you the new one that are duplicate are empty.
Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

No problem @Nickel11, I am glad you got this sorted!

The problem with duplicates is that you have multiple local copies on your computer.  I don't know an easy way to eliminate the duplication, except manually.

Does anyone know an automated way to correct the duplication problem?

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I believe my method of repair would be to have both the existing (blank contact and calender) as well as the old contact and calendar and drag and drop the information over. Once done I would manually delete the emails and info that was created in order to obtain the previous info that was lost.

That still deserves a "likes" robindp. Thanks for your reply and help.

Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

Anytime!

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

By the way, back to the original post, was there a solution to multiple duplicate emails being sent with Outlook 2016 running Windows 10?