Outlook 2016 update

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Outlook 2016 update

3 nights ago my inbox was flooded with a few hundred duplicate emails dating back 1 month.  I've been told this is a problem with Rogers but they seem to be denying this is their issue.  Very annoying to say the least.  Anyone else having this issue??  

Windows 10

Outlook 2016

Dave

***Edited Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

Re: Outlook 2016 update

Hello @Nickel11,

Your contacts and missing calendar information may be located in an Oulook PST file somewhere on your hard drive. Try this:

- Hold down the WINDOWS key and press R - the Run box should appear. 

- Type CMD and press [enter]. The Command Prompt appears. 

- Type dir *.pst /s and press [enter]. Take note of any files found. 

- Type dir *.ost /s and press [enter]. Take note of any files found. 

- Return to Outlook, and click File > Open and Export > Open Outlook Data File. Locate and open each file you noted above. 

Hopefully, your contacts and calendar information are in one of these files!

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

Hello @spellbound81,

I have Outlook 2013 on Windows 10 (was running Outlook 2016, downgraded recently).  I am not seeing this issue.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

WOW!!  After posting this message, my inbox just blew up again...adding over 200 more duplicate emails.  This is crazy!!   I've been with Rogers for years and this has never happened before, until this week.   Any way to stop this??

Dave

Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

Have you tried connecting to the webmail interface -- are you seeing the duplicate e-mails there? If not, this is an Outlook issue.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

That would be my guess as well.

Likely what is happening.. is somehow outlook is not viewing them as having the same ID, etc.. so its viewing them as new every time.

How is your mail set up to collect from rogers?
PoP would be my guess.

What are its settings.. to download perminantly.. or to leave coppies on the server, etc?

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

It's a known issue with Outlook 2016.  Microsoft is looking into it.  Here's a post on it from just yesterday, February 25: 

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/office_2016-outlook/problems-with-pop-accounts-in-ou...

Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

I had configured Outlook 2016 to use POP3, not IMAP - and I did not see the duplicate e-mail issue.  Have you tried configuring with POP3 (LINK) to see if the problem re-occurs?

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Apologies to Rogers.  As a poster above stated, this is a MS issue with a recent Office update.  This is affecting many people around the world (one person had over 10,000 duplicate emails yesterday (some duplicated 20x).

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/office_2016-outlook/outlook-2016-office-365-duplicat...

Dave

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Problem

I've lost all information that was placed in Outlook 2016 calender, in other words, all information placed/dowloaded is gone and there is no longer any previous data. Is there a way to get it back? I'm running Windows 10.

What led up to the problem

I was getting duplicate emails sent to all 3 of my rogers email acounts in Oulook 2016, at some point I would get 8 of the same emails sent to me. I asked Rogers tech support to help solve this problem twice and TechXpert twice and I believe the last TechXpert solved the problem The problem now is that all my data in Outlook 2016 calender is gone.

I noticed that the latest techXpert changed the POP account settings to IMAP as well as other settings, in all three rogers email accounts. If that caused me to loose all data in the Calender, how do I get it back without going back to my original problem of duplicate emails in all three accounts.

I prefer not to call TechXpert back as it took 4 attempts for Rogers to solve one problem. Believe it or not, that was 5 hours over the course of 5 days, between being put on hold and working through the issue.

Thank you.

Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

Hello @Nickel11,

Are the calendar entries visible when you log into the Rogers Yahoo e-mail portal at http://mail.yahoo.com?