Outlook 2010 keeps asking for my password

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Outlook 2010 keeps asking for my password

I just started having problems with Outlook 2010 over the past week.  I use it to keep personal emails separate for various groups I volunteer with.  It keeps asking me for my password and when I have checked the save password box, it asks for it again. I cannot send or recieve mail through outlook. I am currently running it on a PC with Windows 7

I have tried searching online to see if it is something about the Outlook settings, but no advice seems to work. 

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Re: Outlook 2010 keeps asking for my password

Any reading I have done about Outlook indicates it was not included with Windows7 when released and doesn't work in Windows7. You could try right clicking on Outlook Icon then click Properties and locate Compatability and select one of the options and see if you can get it to work.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

eddy, you are thinking about outlook express.  The OP most likely has full outlook, that came with office 2010

How is your user name entered?  just the begining, or the full with @rogers.com.

If it is one, try it the other way.. may not work at all, but might go through.

I'm a Trusted Contributor

Was it working before? Did you change anything? I've seen it before where the server you're connecting to, Rogers in this case, has trouble authenticating or times out, prompting you to enter you password again even though you have the check box. If it was working before and this just randomaly started happening, the only thing you can do is wait it out and it will go  away. If this is a new thing, verify you're using the correct password by logging into the webmail.

I Plan to Stick Around

See if this helps...

if you still remember your email password then go to mail.rogers.com and try to sign into the webmail. you may get a box asking you to confirm some random letters and numbers. if you get a error like invalided username or password then you need to click on "i cant access my account" or call rogers internet support and get them to do a password reset. after that try logging back into webmail and once it works then it will automatically work in outlook or any pop client. Also make sure the username in outlook is your entire email address not just the first part.

I've Been Around

I have the identical problem with Office 2007 in a Windows 7 laptop, it has happened numerous times to all of my email addresses on several different Office and windows platforms over the past 5 years (at least) , it also is happening at the same time to my android based Tablet (XOOM) so it must be a Rogers setting, it only happens to 1 email address at a time though and without any prior notice, if I find a fix through the help desk I will let you know 

I Plan to Stick Around

I've recently had this problem twice in the last few days. I use Pegasus and it displays an error code which allows me to isolate whatever the issue is. I can say with some educated certainty that it is the yahoo web mail portal that locks your pop mail until you sign in and either reject or accept the new web mail beta.

I called a Rogers drone and they tried to tell me that it was too many password attempts on my account which is baloney.

Nope. Yahoo wants you to acknowledge whatever garbage they want to pull and in order to do that they lock your POP mail.

Call and lodge a complaint with Rogers that Yahoo is blocking access to your POP mail if you don't go to the web site.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I primarily use the webmail.. as i have 6 or so different devices i log in from.. and was just a pain managing downloading all on all of them 😛 but i still do ocassionaly on one PC.. and it hasnt had a problem yet that i have seen.. but i HAVE upgraded the web based.. so you may be correct on that part.

I am glad to see Pegasus is still around 😄 i used to use that one exclusively MANY MANY years ago.

I've Been Around

+1 to this annoying NEW problem.

Ironically, I have multiple family member email accounts and only one is experiencing this issue.

Rogers remote support simply has you log into rogers.mail and voila...everything works. Duh!

24 hours later....guess what? Back to the same thing.

This has never happened in the 10+ years of being a Roger's customer....this has to get fixed.

I Plan to Stick Around

@Gdkitty wrote:

I am glad to see Pegasus is still around 😄 i used to use that one exclusively MANY MANY years ago.

🙂 It's still alive and kicking!  I have a strong fondness for the program since it errs on the side of simplicity - none of the new-fangled HTML-abob stuff in my emails thank you very much. 🙂 

It does take some fidling to get it set up on a modern PC though, so some capability or previous familiarity with it comes in handy.