Outlook 2010 keeps asking for my password

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Outlook 2010 keeps asking for my password

This is a common problem with Rogers. If you ask them to fix it, they will tell you that they outsource their e-mail to Yahoo, so there's nothing they can do for you.

It happens because the mail servers are seeing too many requests for mail, and think you're a spambot trying to overtake the account or something. The servers stop believing it's you until you go to rogers.yahoo.com and manually log in there.

Do you have this account set up to be read with your phone, tablet or another computer?

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Hmm.. thats a good question.. never thought about that over the whole thread.

How many devices do you have checking the account.. and at what intervals.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

I'm having this problem and it's annoying enough to make me look at other ISPs. I'm not a fan of being strong-armed into using a browser  to get my mail.  

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

I'm having this problems with Thunderbird, OSX Mail, Mail app on Android and also on an iPad and a Playbook. Yahoo's mail servers are diabolical if they're to blame. It's really annoying - I can log into the webmail, but the Android Mail app won't log in at all.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Gregrout

While i do agree.. its not a whole rogers wide.. not ALL accounts seem affected (though there is more than 1-2 cases it seems).

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Try using IMAP instead of POP3.   Chaces are, your mail client supports IMAP which is an improved mail protocol, but you still set it up with the older pop3 settings.

I am happy to report my rogers yahoo e-mail account is giving me no issues accessing it on multiple devices:

Blackberry Phone via GSM / wi-fi

Blackberry Playbook

iPod wi-fi

iPhone 3G / wi-fi

Windows live mail client

outlook 2010

Webmail.rogers.com online portal

Highlighted
I've Been Around

I started getting these messages about a month ago. I had to start the web mail in order to send e-mail from my
Outlook.

I also have the same account on my iPhone and iPad. I discovered that my iPad Rogers settings was set to Push. This means that there is always and open connection with the server. This was automatically done when I set the account on the iPad, so I never really paid attention to it.  I selected Fetch instead and the issue is gone for now at least, I have not had the problem for a whole week so far.

I've Been Around

This issue has been driving me crazy for close to a month and I even put my computer in to get fixed, thinking something was wrong with my registry (nothing). Finally, I tried moving from the pop.broadband.rogers.com settings to the yahoo settings pop.mail.yahoo.ca (also with smtp) and everything is working fine now...fingers crossed. Looks like there is some kind of blocking going on and Rogers support could not figure it out either. With the previous settings, my Outlook would work if webmail was open in the background, otherwise I kept getting the password prompt. Anyone know why the yahoo settings work now and the rogers settings don't work??? Still curious.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

simple, one allows multiple connections, while one does not

Highlighted
I've Been Around

I also have this problem and it did indeed start when I configured my iPhone to access these e-mails.  Any remedy?