Outages in Mississauga almost every single day

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Outages in Mississauga almost every single day

Since September, there have been so many area outages in Mississauga (possibly other regions). I don't see any work being done nearby, there is no LRT being dug up here. What the heck is going on? Also having a hard time getting credited every time I have to call in because of Rogers' less than adequate service.

Fed up with the service and customer care received. Why are there so many area outages lately?

Re: Outages in Mississauga almost every single day

Hello @weref8r,

Constant service disruptions would be enough to drive anyone a little mad, myself included!!

We did have a recent service outage affecting parts of Toronto due to a fibre cut, but I'm not sure if your residence was one of those affected. I can confirm that this particular outage has since been reported as resolved.

Are you still experiencing issues at this time? If so, we can definitely have a look into your services to see what's happening. We really don't want this to be a recurring issue for you as that doesn't make for a great experience. ☹️

Feel free to send us a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can assist you further. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, please CLICK HERE.

Kind regards!

RogersLaura

I've Been Around

Same issue in Brampton. Outage on outage. Need to call tech support every 2 day for the pass month. Twice the tech support told me take a business account to get a better internet service.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@FRANCOIS9 : This is certainly not normal and there may be another issue in your home or neighbourhood related to signal or other issue.  I suggest you contact CommunityHelps as mentioned in post 2.

Poor signal is the cause of many of the issues discussed on this forum.  If you call Rogers, ask them to check the signal, or check out some of the other threads in this Internet forum on how to check your signal yourself.

I'm Here A Lot

I am bumping this thread as this is going on again! We had another technician come out, and he said everything in our apartment is FINE. Everytime I call your CS, they keep saying we need to send a tech over and over. The problem is YOUR END not MINE.

We should NOT be paying for internet that goes out every ten minutes all day everyday. I am fed up here. I've had to waste my data plan multiple times because your internet keeps conking out and no one knows why!

I Plan to Stick Around

There are reports of daily outages all over Ontario. Just do an internet search and you'll see for yourself. It appears rogers doesn't know what's going on or they are not paying attention or don't care. This has been an ongoing experience for the last couple months. The issue is related to the modem's ability to stay connected to the Rogers network. The actual modem is still active and I can communicate with the config page and reset the model remotely to regain internet access. Hello Rogers: THESE ARE NOT ISOLATED CASES. So stop treating people like they are stupid. Take action and fix it or you will see your customer base vanish before your customer service eyes. I have not bothered to call SC and waste my time because everyone I know all over Ontario with rogers internet is having the same issue. Rogers used to be reliable.....it's not now..........it can be again. 

Hey @manton,

I wholeheartedly appreciate that seeing outages like this from a customer perspective can be greatly confusing. Wanting to see it come to an end is completely reasonable ask! I assure you our network team does see any and all outages and our maintenance team does their best to ensure issues are resolved as soon as humanly possible. If you do have any service issues at any point definitely reach out to Rogers through any channel available to you, phone, live chat, social media or check out our Service Interruptions page.

RogersAndy

I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks for your response Andy. Unfortunately, this is not an issue of the service not being available. It's looking like its a modem firmware issue. The modems WAN locks up. It will begin to slow down first then lock up . The LAN side of the modem seems to be working. The only way to recover is to do a soft reset remotely or a hard shutdown reboot. It does recover nicely and functions at full speed until the next episode. This is the MO for everyone that I know experiencing this problem for the last 2 months or so. Everyone has called it in several times. Everyone has had a technician over the house. Modems have been replaced. All of the modems are the DOCSIS 3.1 versions CODA-4582. All of this started when we switched to these modems. Rogers is wasting a ton of money sending technicians to homes for no reason at all. They can't fix it by looking at it and rebooting. I'm almost ready to downgrade back to ignite 250 and a DOCSIS 3.0 modem or worse the other big guy.

If your modem is dropping it's WAN connection and the light pattern doesn't change that's certainly something we can look into and could be a sign of a larger issue but would need to be investigated. I don't know now though that I'd consider this particular symptom part of an outage. There's no known firmware related concerns with the CODA4582/U modems that would cause WAN connectivity issues though, as such an issue would likely cause a halt in firmware rollout and would be addressed.

In my experience a reboot of the modem get's in the way of troubleshooting intermittency so I'd recommend letting us know the next time this occurs, but don't reboot so we can check on the WAN connectivity. Would also be helpful if you could note the light pattern on the modem to see if it changes.

Looking forward to seeing this issue identified and resolved for you!

RogersAndy 

Topic Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 6 in conversation