OpenVPN through CODA-4582U

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: OpenVPN through CODA-4582U

@Datalink,

"cameras calling home" Has been around for a number of years.

Hence, denying any internet access ATM.

As for Firmware, I have always been a believer of staying away from any type of BETA versions. I installed RT-AC86U_384.3_0.zip last full release.

I haven't used timer settings since my kid was in high school. 

I Plan to Stick Around

@Datalink,

Just thought I'd update you on my progress.

Merlin firmware version RT-AC68U_380.69_2.zip (as recommended in the Merlin-readme.txt)  * RT-AC66U_B1 (use the RT-AC68U firmware)

Have OpenVPN Server setup and the tests below show my speed on Ignite 500U with my cell phone connected and streaming one of my camera feeds.

Here at work right now and have no problem streaming a camera feed on my phone.

No noticeable slow down on the router side at all. So far very pleased. 

Even did a check on ShieldsUP! and all ports are showing stealth mode.

Thank you for your assistance. Smiley Very Happy

20180313_233301.jpg

20180313_233322.jpg

20180315_223117.jpg  

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Can't log into work via VPN and Overwatch voice chat no longer works after upgrading to CODA-4582

Hi all,

before I was on 150u with the Hitron CNG3 where everything worked out fine, I was able to log into work through VPN and voicechat in Overwatch worked.  But now that I've upgraded to 500u and the Hitron CODA-4582 neither of these two things work.

Are there any settings I can make in the modem's settings page to make things work again?

I've read that for Overwatch I might need to forward some ports?  But was having issues locating the DNS in order to establish a static IP.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hey @pthoong,

Welcome to Rogers Community Forums Man LOL!

You've come to the right place! The Community has very knowledgeable users, many of which you can find within this thread and a selection of Resident Experts that are able to assist with almost any question or concerns you may have. I'll tag a few of our experts for input. @gps-e @Datalink @Gdkitty @Pauly @VivienM.

As always, feel free to chime in Community :).

Cheers,

RogersCilio

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@pthoong have you set any of the VPN Pass-through permissions which are located in SECURITY .... VPN Pass-Through?  

Is the modem running in Gateway mode, where those pass-through permissions would or should have an effect, or are you running the modem in Bridge mode with a follow-on router?