Not receiving replies from group emails

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Not receiving replies from group emails

I have a rogers email account that I regualrly access via yahoo mail.  I was hacked over the Christmas break and since that time I am unable to recieve replies to group emails that I regularly send out for business.  If I send an email to one contact, I am able to receive replies, but not to many.  Any advice?

***Edited labels***

Retired Moderator RogersCilio
Retired Moderator

Re: Not receiving replies from group emails

Hello @Katttrell,

Welcome to the Community Forums!

Since your email was hacked, it may be likely that there was an alternate mailbox that was set up under your account. To check if there's an alternate address, you want to follow these steps:

1. Click the settings icon on the top right of your inbox screen. 
  2. Select 'Accounts'.
  3. If there is an alternative account, select it. Once you do, at the bottom you'll see 'Remove mailbox'.
  4. Hit save and you're all done.

Just curious, once you discovered your email was hacked, did you change your password and also ran some form of virus/malware scan on your PC? 

Hope this helps!

RogersCilio

I've Been Here Awhile

I followed your steps and there's no other account associated with this one.  I did change the passwod and run a virus scan. 

Retired Moderator RogersCilio
Retired Moderator

Hey @Katttrell,

We'll have to take a closer look to see if there's something we can pin point with your email account. Can you please reach out to us via @CommunityHelps next time you're online.

If you're not familiar with sending a PM, it'll be explained in this blog.

Cheers,

RogersCilio

Rogers Employee borford
Rogers Employee

How big are the groups that you are sending to? Just want to make sure you are within the limitations of a residential account and what internet plan are you subscribed to?

Are you sure they are receiving the emails?

Users can send up to 50 emails an hour and 500 per day on the newer plans.

Brian

I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks for the support.  A Rogers tech was able to help me out after some further investigation.  The hacker had changed the "reply to" email address, whcih is why I wasn't getting any replies from people.  Everything works as it should again.