cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Node repair timeline...

yyzsam
I Plan to Stick Around

So last nght I finally got a tech to open a ticket for the slow uploads in the evening. She asked me to reboot the modem and then said my node has to be repaired based on the reboot. (shrug)

However, she  couldn't provide a timeline. She just said I'd get a phone call once it is fixed.

Has anyone here gone through this, how long did it take? 2 days, 2 weeks, 2 months?

***Edited Labels***

61 REPLIES 61

Re: Node repair timeline...

gp-se
I'm an Advisor

@yyzsam Since the speed drops during peak/busy hours this is a congestion issue. Hopefully the Engineers do some work on your node to alleviate the problem.

rjmaxim
I Plan to Stick Around

@gp-se wrote:

@yyzsam Since the speed drops during peak/busy hours this is a congestion issue. Hopefully the Engineers do some work on your node to alleviate the problem.

Rogers needs to provide us with benchmark criteria. ie. If you are on the Gigabit plan what are the expected speeds. We all understand that it can vary, depending on traffic patterns....but there has to be some guide line. It cannot be from 1 - 1000....but for Ignite 1000....perhaps 750 - 1100 should be expected as a variance. Anything lower needs to be addressed.

What does Node rebuilding entail.....Placing amps on the trunkline and distribution points or ? How can we find out how far we are from the CMTS Server and nearest Fiber Tap? I strongly believe, most of our Speed issues are Infrastructure related.....Those closest to the Fiber tap and newer areas have the least speed issues. Older areas, like me, require more Infrastructure upgrades to see improvements. Barring any specific connectivity issues...the new Coda modems are stable. It's not a Docsis issue since 3.0 can handle up to 1Gbps and 3.1 up to 10Gbps. That's why those on older modems with 3.0....have no speed issues unless they live in older areas and require Gig speeds.  

yyzsam
I Plan to Stick Around

Got support to open another ticket last night. Why they closed it or didnt open another one when I mentioned it wasn't fixed I dont know. Trying to be patient for a little longer.

Still waiting since December 2016 for a fix , got a call from Rogers ambassador yesterday telling me they are looking into it and getting this resolved

hiho
I Plan to Stick Around

18 months from start to finnish before my speed issue was fixed but it was finally fixed 🙂  15months of that time i had the Office of the President wrking with me on it...

Topic Stats
  • 61 replies
  • 7 Likes
  • 13 in conversation