Node Congestion

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lethalsniper
I'm an Enthusiast

Re: Node Congestion

How to do a test on node to see if I’m also getting congestion issues because in the last month or more we have been getting slower speeds with higher pings
super_robot
I Plan to Stick Around

Luckily for me this neighborhood is less congested.. More than likely because BELL fibre to home is available.

People all over Toronto that I know from various neighborhoods have the same issues. A lot of people don't notice because all they do is stream spotify and Netflix. 

I assume they changed the way gaming traffic is prioritized to contain the uproar online from gamers. But the issues remain and you can expect network cuts and this will impact your VPNs, video calls, voip SIP traffic etc...

Hopefully you can get a substantial credit/monthly discount

I was in the same boat and changed neighborhoods and it is better as I mentioned. I feel your pain from the countless hours wasted trying to resolve this.

GChoi
I've Been Around

I've been with Rogers for the past year now, and all I can say is that I'm terribly disappointed in the service I got provided and I wish I never switched. I don't like talking like this but I just had to in this case because it feels like I'm being scammed. I have been using the 500mbps download speed package the past year, and on a good day, the best I can get is 200 maybe 150mbps. I contacted Rogers customer support over 25+ times and none of their resolutions have help. Including factory resets and using ethernet or using home pods. None have worked. Whenever gaming if I'm lucky I could get maybe 70-100 ping but usually over 150+ ping. I've been told that there is a lot of congestion in my area but it will clear up in 24-48 hours but it's been about a month since they said that and still haven't gotten my update text that they said I'll get after 24 - 48 hours. Really dishonest which I don't appreciate at all. 

RogersAndy
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hey @GChoi!

It's disheartening to hear that you've been delivered such misinformation pertaining to congestion relief timelines :(. I'll be happy to assist by providing some clarification.

Regarding the speeds you're currently experiencing, to validate if your modem is receiving the appropriate speeds you can follow the steps outlined here. This will give you a better idea of what's occurring so that if there's an issue you'll have the information available to assist in seeing it resolved.

Latency wise it's important to note that Rogers is unable to action "visible" latency below 100ms within our network. Visible pertaining to replicable and viewable via traceroute on command prompt/terminal. You can read more about troubleshooting latency here.

If there is congestion in your area (impacting your upstream) this can lead to reduced performance on both download and upload speeds and will take longer than 48 hours to resolve. If a ticket has been escalated for you then you would receive a status update on that ticket in 48 hours however ticket status notifications cannot provide information or updates on congestion relief at this time. The most reliable timeline for congestion relief is 6 months (can vary/be longer) due to the requirement of permits, new equipment installation etc. 

I would be happy to confirm if there is actually congestion impacting your area as it is difficult to determine with the information you've provided. You're welcome to reach out via a PM @CommunityHelps at your convenience and I'll take a look. For more information on our PM system you can check out our blog here.

@RogersAndy

doreenmccann193
I've Been Around

In our very small community, on the coast of newfoundland, according to Rogers, we lose internet and cable daily because of congestion. I was actually told the cause was if there are 3 or 4 persons using Internet etc, at the same time, than I cannot connect. I am always notified over and over that problem is solved and closed. Is it? No, because it continues to happen to daily. The only resolution is to add more connections/resources. I pay the same for my internet package as persons in huge cities, yet I don't get the same service. Final note, I have asked to have my old contact number removed from my account (30-40 requests, no lie) and yet it is still there, as it was when I called today. Always told the same thing, it's no longer there and yet....I haven't had that number in at least 4 years.
dmfan
I Plan to Stick Around

I am sorry to hear the problems that you folks have.  I makes me realize how lucky I am in my area.

RogersTony

Hello, @doreenmccann193

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

We appreciate you posting your concerns. I can imagine how frustrating it is to deal with these congestion issues. We definitely want to take a look at this for you and try to find a solution. We'll also be happy to ensure that the incorrect contact number has been removed from your file.

Please send a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can gather your information and get started on this for you. If you are not familiar with our private messaging system please click here.

We look forward to hearing from you.

RogersTony

ginnipig
I've Been Around

Just put in my complaint, been dealing with the same 'congested node' for about 8 months now. I was content on just waiting more, but the bloodsuckers just raised my bill from 93 to 120 and I'm done... I pay for gigabit just to make up the difference to get a little better connection. Time to try something new.