No std response when down

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

No std response when down

Why is there never a phone msg when the system is down?
Every time I call,I spend too much time waiting for a tech to tell me the system is down and may be back soon.
A complete waste of my time!

Solved! Go to Solution.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: No std response when down

May be weither or not the WHOLE sysetem is down.. or just one location (or person) cant connect to it.

They do have multiple call centers, where one may work and the other not... but doesnt help if you get routed to the one thats down.

I Plan to Stick Around

Thx for the response gdkitty but it is really lacking in substance.
As an RE, I would have expected a more knowledgeable reply.
Rogers is lacking in so many customer support areas and there needs to be concern raised at the right levels to improve their customer communication.
Your reply does nothing to reassure me something will be done.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

As an RE.. i am just a USER, just like you.
I DONT work for rogers, have no access, control, etc.

I just have a bit of knoledge on how the phone systems work. (part of my job it to work with similar ones), and that they have multiple call centers (as way back in the day, i applied to work in one, and was informed of the multiple locations)
So was just passing that along.

I do agree, it would be great if something more that could be done.  And it possibly could?  
But i also know it likely would not be easy.
Even though person A is at call center A, and person B is at B... the phone system doesnt see it that way (in most cases).  There often is no 'physical' location, its just routed to agent A.. regardless of where they are.

Unless its a GLOBAL system down... 
Put up a message... saying that MAYBE the person you get may not be able to fully help?
Really at that point.. all that could happen is all those agents LOG OUT.. so calls cant be routed to them.

I agree that its insanely frustrating when you call in and this happens though.

I would recomend voiceing your opinion on some of the Rogers Social media outlets.. as those are fully staffed by ROGERS employees.. and more likely concerns are to be passed along.

This board is primarily USER to USER help 😞