No internet sevice in Keswick and area

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

No internet sevice in Keswick and area

Can you tell me why there is no internet service in Keswick today, and when you expect to have service restored?

***Edited Labels***

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: No internet sevice in Keswick and area

I poked them on the phone and twitter this morning at like 9am..

Yeah, its confirmed like all of georgina is down..

No ETA.. i had HOPED that it would be back up by now.. (its where i live as well)

Retired Moderator RogersCilio
Retired Moderator

Hello @Phil-in-Keswick,

Sorry for the late reply, as @Gdkitty mentioned, there was a major outage in Keswick starting from morning, well into the afternoon.  Since then, it appears to have been restored.  Just wanted to confirm if everything is back up and running for the both of you?

Regards,

RogersCilio

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

All good here.

The FB group for my subdivision had a bunch of people complaining.  They all said theirs is back up except for one of them.

I've Been Here Awhile

Hi,

Yes service was restored at our house by 6pm.  Can you tell me the cause of the outage?

Thanks,

Phil

Retired Moderator RogersCilio
Retired Moderator

Hello @Phil-in-Keswick & @Gdkitty,

Thank you both for getting back to me and thanks for your patience.  Yes, the cause of the problem was one of our CMTS wasn't routing to the internet. 

Gald to hear everything is working now Smiley Happy

Regards,

RogersCilio

I've Been Around

I need a constant connection to the internet for my webserver. it keeps going down at 3am... this is not what I pay over $100 a month for...  Why is this happening? Customer service told me maintenance, how long does maintenance take? because if it happens again im canceling.

--Upset customer

Hello @lewis22,

Welcome to the Community Forums, and thanks for reaching out. 

I can completely understand how frustrating it can be to have ongoing issues in the middle of the night. 

We can take a closer look at this for you. Please send a Private Message to @CommunityHelps when you have a chance and we can investigate further. For more information on our Private Message system, please see this link.

RogersShaun

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I actually know exactly where @lewis22 is talking about.  
Its the same subdivision i am in.  The south side appears to be fine (where I am) but the north side appears to have had some major issues.  Had quite a number of larger outages (more than a few hours for a few different days), and then now this.
My guess is the subdivision is split between two separate nodes.

There are quite a number of people on facebook in our subdivision that complain about it.  
So its not something that is limited just to lewis22's household.. its an issue maintenance will have to look into.