cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No increased upload speed + missing 5th upstream channel

lowonfiber
I've been here awhile

Recently my 1gbit Ignite plan was changed to include 50mbps of upload speed. I assume this was done for all customers.

Unfortunately, I'm unable to get more than 32mbps upload speed. My download speed is fine - 940mbps. 

I'm on the XB6 (1st-gen) Rogers modem, connected via ethernet, and not using other routers. Upon checking my "connections" on the modem configuration page, and comparing with a few others from another forum, I notice I don't have a 5th upstream channel.

Are all neighborhoods able to use the improved upload speeds? Is it exclusive to XB7 and newer modems? Am I missing something?

I'm hoping someone familiar with the Rogers wireline network can add more context here.

*Added Labels*

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: No increased upload speed + missing 5th upstream channel

lowonfiber
I've been here awhile

Was uploading some JAR files this morning when I noticed higher numbers. Speedtest confirms I have the 50mbps (actually 53) upload speed now. Yay!!

This was definitely not an action on my part. If by any chance it was a Rogers engineer seeing my post and taking some action about it, I'd like to extend my thanks to them 😊

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

KingofRome
I plan to stick around

I’m in the same boat, i have an XB7 and have been having lower than Expected upload speeds even though Rogers updated their packages to 50 up. Was only getting 25-32up before. Been on the run around with Rogers support and had a tech come out yesterday and change the cap on the lines to my house, and reduce the power to the tap as he noticed it was high. It seems to have actually made a small difference and Now I get a more consistent 40-42 up. Not the full 50 yet but we’re getting there.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Me too.  I'm on an old Node and also still only have 30 Mb/s uploads on my Gigabit service.  I don't have any upstream D3.1 channels provisioned yet either, and those in my area who do show a "0" Symbol Rate.

lowonfiber
I've been here awhile

Happy to hear I'm not the only one with this problem. I guess the question is now - how hard would it be to get the full 50mbit service? Can a tech come out and sort it quickly, or do they need to make changes to the entire neighborhood?  🤔

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@lowonfiber wrote:

Happy to hear I'm not the only one with this problem. I guess the question is now - how hard would it be to get the full 50mbit service? Can a tech come out and sort it quickly, or do they need to make changes to the entire neighborhood?  🤔

You may just need to reboot your gateway to get the faster upload speeds.

When I logged into MyRogers, my Internet service was listed as 1 Gbps download / 50 Mbps upload.  However, my upload speed was still limited to 30 Mbps.  I rebooted my gateway and voilà!  53.39 Mbps upload on my speed test.

Also, don't worry if you are not provisioned with DOCSIS 3.1 upstream channels; 50 Mbps upload does not require D3.1.

lowonfiber
I've been here awhile

Was uploading some JAR files this morning when I noticed higher numbers. Speedtest confirms I have the 50mbps (actually 53) upload speed now. Yay!!

This was definitely not an action on my part. If by any chance it was a Rogers engineer seeing my post and taking some action about it, I'd like to extend my thanks to them 😊

Topic Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 in conversation