New firmware Hitron CGN3

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: New firmware Hitron CGN3

Modem upgraded to 4.2.4.2 last night at around 4am:

Latency between LAN interface and internal network high as ever
There is still massive stalls when clicking around the interface in gateway mode
I just swtiched to bridge; we'll see in about 12 hours.

So far, I'm not sure this is the upgrade that we were looking for.

L.

I'm a Reliable Contributor

No upgrade here - still on 4.2.4.1.

I've Been Here Awhile

4.2.4.2 here and it is still terrible.

I Plan to Stick Around

All is not lost...Yet - I'm currently running in bridge mode - That happened at 8:00am this morning, so we'll see how long it lasts. If it is stable (though at this point I seriously doubt it), then I actually doni't care about anything else. I'll keep you guys posted.

I Plan to Stick Around

So after a day of testing, I can confirm that this new firmware 4.2.4.2 does not do anything to resolve any of the following issues:

1) High latency between local devices and local LAN interface
2) Bridge mode crashing between 6 - 10 hours starting from a power cycle
3) Gateway modem UI, constant freezes, sometimes requiring a reboot.

It's pretty much what I would expect given the time frame. I would be curious to know exactly what was actually changed in this version.

L.

I'm a Trusted Contributor

I gave up on CGN3 and exchanged it back for the DPC3825. Seems like if they happen to fix at least any of the issues it is not gonna happen before they introduce CGN4 Smiley Happy

I've Been Around

Does this modem choice entail you having to downgrade to the 150/10 service? 

For my reference, is the DPC3825 the $8/mth modem on Rogers' site; the "Wi-Fi Modem" option per the description? 

I'm a Reliable Contributor

I believe it does entail downgrading to the 150/10 service unless you are up for a long discussion with Rogers.  I could live with the lower speeds, just not the lower data cap.

I'm a Trusted Contributor

I was not on Ultimate, so downgrading to DPC3825 did not have go with service downgrade. But yes, DPC3825 is in the same category as CGN2 and is $8/months. Rogers calls it "Enhanced Wi-FI Gateway".

I Plan to Stick Around

This is weird - I just noticed that my firmware is back down to 4.2.4.1 - I have no idea what is going on anymore....