New firmware Hitron CGN3

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

New firmware Hitron CGN3

Posted this elsewhere but probably should be a new topic:

Using Windows 8.1 under Networks new entry:

INTEL_CE_Linux

checking the Gateway am now seeing a new wireless connection:

192.168.0.2 & 192.168.254.254 - Mac address 00:05:ca:11:22:33

and NEW FIRMWARE 4.2.4.2 02/07/14 03:22:36 SW download Successful - Via NMS

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Re: New firmware Hitron CGN3

I am in bridged mode and I have my Hitron connected to an Asus router with an IP of 192.168.1.1.  Most of my PCs have static IPs in the range of 192.168.1.X

If I get a firmware update that switches me back to Gateway mode then won't it also reset the Hitron's IP address to 192.168.0.1 and set the subnet to 255.255.255.0.

Therefore all of my PCs will not be able to communicate with the Hitron.

Isn't that correct?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Most likely, yes.. that seems to be the way it happened in the past.

I've Been Around

I started googling this because on my network, a new SHARED device showed up called intel_ce_linux, what is this? how did they by-pass my security?  is this with the hitron cgn3?

I Plan to Stick Around

If I had to guess the intel_ce_linux would be reffering to the NAS or DLNA functionality on the Hitron CGN3 being enabled. I cannot confirm as I only have the CGN2.

This CE_Linux is new isn't it?  I don't remember seeing it under the old firmware - does anyone else?

I Plan to Stick Around

Yes it is new.

It is too bad that Rogers (1) can't be bothered supplying a user's manual or (2) have technical staff monitor these forums then perhaps we might be enlightened as to what is going on with the products/services that we pay for.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

while this isnt from rogers..  here is a manual for it

https://s3.amazonaws.com/modem.manuals/CGN3_UG_v1.1_2013-08-16.pdf

I tweeted @RogersHelps asking what was updated in the new firmware and they had no idea what I was talking about. I pointed them to is thread.
I Plan to Stick Around

@wayner92 wrote:
@I tweeted @RogersHelps asking what was updated in the new firmware and they had no idea what I was talking about. I pointed them to is thread.

@shocker. If I found out @RogersHelps was an automated bot I wouldn't be surprised for all the helpful responses I've had.