cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Rogers modem?

willowdalegirl
I'm here a lot

I work from home and I have Rogers and my employer has Bell and the Vonage VOIP phone system. As you can appreciate the Hitron modem router is not compatible with my employer's system. My supervisor was given a list of Vonage compatible routers which I was to attach to my Hitron modem router. A Rogers technician told me to wait till June and that Rogers would have a modem that is compatible with my employer's system and I would not need the Vonage compatible router. No one in the Rogers organization has heard of the new Rogers modem???

***Edited Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: New Rogers modem?

Biollw
I'm a senior advisor

Arris VB6, may be what they are referring to. I think they are deploying it for the new ignite TV customers only. 

I have one with the ignite tv.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Biollw
I'm a senior advisor

Arris VB6, may be what they are referring to. I think they are deploying it for the new ignite TV customers only. 

I have one with the ignite tv.

So if I have been a rogers internet and cable customer and work from home and need reliable internet I am not eligible? When I phoned them and spoke to Tech support they denied having any new kind of modem.

Also my colleagues could not hear me when I started working from home so I got Rogers Tech Expert which Rogers discontinued but continued charging me for. 

Graig543
I plan to stick around

If I can ask, Is it not capable with the Rogers systems, or are you required to add certain ports witht he modem. If its ports that are required to open the techs on the phone do not help with that. you can check out portforwarding.com which has instructions on how to add the ports. Do you require two ethernet ports when using your system?  You can also check to make sure the firewall is not set high and the SIP ALG is disabled. This makes Voip phones not work on your modem as well. 

Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation