cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Rogers/Yahoo Webmail Interface

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Got the following e-mail from Rogers today:

In the next few weeks, Yahoo is launching a new and improved version of webmail. The enhancements include:
A fresh new design
Customizable features to help keep you organized
Fun animated images, stationary and emojis

For those interested in the new look, see the following link:

https://rogers.overview.mail.yahoo.com/

So, be aware that when you login to Webmail, you may see something new and don't panic.  😉

**Labels Added**

19 REPLIES 19

Re: New Rogers/Yahoo Webmail Interface

RogersTony

Hello @57,

Thanks for bringing this to the attention of the Community! 😃

I am confident that the new look and feel of the Yahoo Webmail platform will be a big upgrade. We're excited to hear feedback on the changes from all of our users here in the Community.

Let us know what you think once the changes take effect.

RogersTony

Looks like its going more 'outlook'ish design wise, etc.

User1129
I've been around

I might be missing something but my inbox already looks like this and has for a while now. 

bspeelz
I plan to stick around

So why is the old filter function gone - the new design to help me "better organize my email"  but you just made it more difficult for me to do new filters for new folders. It was so much easier just to be in a message and click on the filter function and create a new filter using the message instead now I have to write all the information down in order to add a new filter and hope I didn't type it in wrong? 

I switched back to the old format but of course I can only switch back to Basic which is even less useful. 

Time to explore other email options I guess.

bspeelz
I plan to stick around

So I just set up a filter under the New Mail I will know in a week if it works but I noticed another annoying point. Since I couldn't set up the filter inside the email message that  I wanted to set up a new filter for, as had been the old and very quick and easy way to do it, I had to go back out of More Settings  to get the email address. When I go back to Settings, More Settings does not show up so I had to leave email and come back to get into  More Settings so I could get back to the Filters option. 

oaklie
I've been here awhile

That 'VIEWS' button has been annoying me for days. Can anyone tell me how to cause it to remain hidden? It constantly resurfaces and take up valuable room in that left-most column. As I recall it used to be in a less conspicuous spot under the 'folders' list. Why not make it remain as the user wishes...either showing or hidden? Anyhow...got any suggestions for me?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@bspeelz wrote:

When I go back to Settings, More Settings does not show up so I had to leave email and come back to get into  More Settings so I could get back to the Filters option. 

The settings (the gear near the top right of the screen) should be there?  Then the "more settings" is near the bottom of the selections in settings?  You may need to click on an e-mail first as I noticed some of the other items in the top banner are missing if you don't click on an e-mail?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@oaklie wrote:

That 'VIEWS' button has been annoying me for days. Can anyone tell me how to cause it to remain hidden? It constantly resurfaces...

Looks like it reappears when you start a new session.  Perhaps you can contact them and ask them to make it remember your preferences or  to move it to the bottom?

"Smart Views" used to remain minimized. You used to click it to enable it instead of it having a "hide" option. It was above the folders though. One of my e-mail accounts hasn't been switched yet and I just checked.

bspeelz
I plan to stick around

Okay I played with this some more and figured it out myself I think. 

So in the New Mail window,  I click on Settings and ...More Settings appears at the bottom of my screen, I click on it and go to the Filter option for example and  then I exit out of Settings ie Back to Inbox then I click back on Settings I don't see ...More Settings at the bottom of the screen, no place to click to get to it, however if I click on the Back Arrow at the top left of the screen it brings me to the full list of setting options. So one problem solved. Still do not like the filter feature going backwards in terms of ease of use and doubt that will change.

Praetorius
I've been around

Well, the new emojis (as little as I use them) seem now to be poor imitations of iPhone emojis. Previously, the emojis had some character (little cowboy pushing up his hat, pom-pom rah-rah, hugging arms, angel with flapping wings, and so on). They were all of cute, and it would be nice to have them back. Sure, a bit infantile, but there yo go.

More annoying is the fact that someone doesn't know the difference between STATIONARY and STATIONERY, and nobody caught it? Send that person and the editors back to school.  

bspeelz
I plan to stick around

Still very unhappy that the filter function that worked so well now does not since they removed the option from the ... on the top of the Inbox. Sigh.  Be quicker though tedious to just move the emails to the subfolders. 

Luckily most of my filters are still holding but I noticed emails that should have been directred to a sub folder are going into the main Inbox and I have not got a clue how to fix that.

bspeelz
I plan to stick around
At least if I could open up the filter section in a separate tab so I could go back and forth between the tabs would make the tedious set up of the filter somewhat less tedious so I could copy and paste.

aelaan
I plan to stick around

I absolutely despise the "new look" and the continuous insertion of advertisements.

When I click on an email I want it displayed but rather than doing so it goes into a search for all these topics and shows them and I cannot find where to turn this "feature" off.

It really needs further optimization in the UI as it is between a usable webapp and squirrelmail.

Why is this not a progressive web app?  

What works well is the calendar function, I am grateful for that.  

Contacts is still a hodgepodge - to be truthful I am afraid of ever importing those 600 "contacts" 

Kijiji.ca email still goes into junkmail with all rules turned off.  Only half or less of the messages come through to the inbox, I guess that is why they are MESSages.... in the AI opinion....

Overall, the improvements are there I can see it but I do not have to like it.  Unfortunately on a Chromebook we have little other options than to go to the web site to read and reply to email.  I also realize this is Yahoo doing this and I still question why Rogers stuck with this company after the massive breach and millions of email addresses were stolen.

bspeelz
I plan to stick around

So I decided to try and reorganize my email filters using this new system  and I really cannot beleive how bad it is now,  they don't organize the files in the same order as I have them on my email, many of my old filters are not working - what do I have to do to get a better email program compatible with Rogers that works like the old Yahoo even if I have to pay more which I am sure is the point of  downgrading Rogers Yahoo. Upgrade? I don't think so.

Any recommendations from other Rogers users fed up with the new Yahoo email?

dmacgee
I've been here awhile

Received an email claiming to be from Rogers regarding a change to the Classic version of Rogers Yahoo Mail , Asking me to login to upgrade. Can I assume this is a phishing email?

bspeelz
I plan to stick around

I would guess it is phishing email -  I always check the email that I think it suspicious two ways, sometimes all you have to do is look at the actual sender's email address at top without having to click anything - some of these scammers don't even bother to try and make their email address look like rogers yahoo or whatever site they are trying to con you with,  and often English/grammar is bad LOL .....and/or  click on   ...  and go to view raw message and check the origin of the email - usually if it is a kosher email it says for example rogers.com  is a permitted sender.  

My general rule however is not to use an email link to log into anything. I go to the original site.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

There have been changes at Rogers/Yahoo e-mail. You can go to your Webmail, login and see "switch to the newest Rogers Yahoo Mail" at the top right. You can decide if you wish to switch to the new interface or not.

As mentioned above, don't use any hyperlinks in e-mails, just to go the appropriate website yourself as you have been doing.

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I have got about 15 of these.. 

I have examined the URLs from the link.
I can confirm that they are phishing emails.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

hmm.  I went back through my records and here's the "real" e-mail from Rogers dated October 18, 2018 (note, 2018)

"Your inbox is getting a refresh. 

In the next few weeks, Yahoo is launching a new and improved version of webmail. The enhancements include:

• A fresh new design
  • Customizable features to help keep you organized
  • Fun animated images, stationary and emojis

To learn more about the exciting changes, click (hyperlink deleted)

Sincerely, Rogers Communications"

Topic Stats
  • 19 replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 9 in conversation