Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Rogers MyWifi App

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Hey guys.

looks like they are releasing a new APP to help with wifi/settings.

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/MyRogers/Announcing-The-Rogers-MyWiFi-App-Beta-Test/m-p/433007

Anyone on the CODA can sign up to be able to do it. (only the coda right now).

Looks like it has a bunch of more advanced features for parental controls, etc. 

***Added Labels***

19 REPLIES 19

Re: New Rogers MyWifi App

RogersDarrell
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

We're super excited about this app!

Please, check out the Beta Test! We want to hear everything you can tell us about it 🙂

The app is FREE to download and use, there's a Beta Survey for all your feedback and even PRIZES TO BE WON!!

RogersDarrell

Wish I could.. Doesnt work on the ignite yet.

it was working smooth on my iPad Pro when it was running on ios 10 however as I have updated to ios 11.3 whenever now I am opening the app it only loads a blank screen on the start up and crashes after a while automatically. How do I fix it?

might be something with cached data in it.

I would delete the app, then re-download it and try logging in.

With iOS being at 12.1 now.. i would think the app would more likely work on NEWER OSs, and less likely on older ones like 10.

I've downloaded the Rogers Mywifi app to my android phone but it won't connect with my CODA-4582 modem.  I've restarted both phone and modem - no luck.  Help please!

Hello @paulamcsmith,

Thank you for joining us in the Rogers Community Forums and congratulations on your first post! 😊

The Rogers MyWiFi app is certainly a cool new feature with a lot of interesting options, so I can see why you are eager to get it working on your device! Hopefully, we can help make it happen!

Only compatible smartphones will work with this service when connected to your Rogers Home WiFi service and modem (Hitron CODA-4582 and CODA-4582U)). Please see below for which operating systems are compatible:

• Android (version: 4.4.2 and above)
• iOS (version: 9 and above)

When signing into the MyWiFi app on your device, please enter the following:

Username (default): cusadmin
Password: password or your current WiFi password

Once logged in, you will see 'Connected to: Home Wifi' at the top of the window if you are successfully connected to your modem and Rogers Home WiFi network. 

If you continue to experience issues, please provide us with more details here in the Community so we can try to help further! 

Thank you!
RogersLaura

mu1
I've been here awhile

Worked until I replaced the modem (yes, it is compatible) and now does not work.  Spent 45 minutes waiting on the on-line chat function.... not quite the product or service standard I expect for money I spend on rogers.  

Lurker
I'm a senior advisor
Have the app. My impressions:

1. Speed test has never worked for me. Not once. Ever.

2. I'm not sure what the app's bar is for "good" signal level, but, apparently, unless I'm sitting next to the modem, every single device I own suffers from "poor" wifi

3. The one good thing I can say is that its nice to be able to identify devices on the network using plain language.

Hello, @mu1.

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! 🙂

Thank you for joining this conversation. Would you please elaborate what's not working for you? Are you able to log into the app?

Are you using the same old credentials on your swapped modem? The app maybe still looking for the previous modem. You may want to clear the app cache and data and sign in again. If it's an Apple device, you can delete the app and download/reinstall it. 

Keep us posted.

Cheers,

RogersMoin

I would gladly log in using the correct credentials if the app on my phone would first connect with my modem.  I use an android blackberry dtek version 6.0.1 so it should work. A Rogers Tech said my modem needed a firmware update and they said it would be done in 48 hours.  That was 4 days ago.  Another Rogers Tech suggested I reboot the modem a couple of times a day for a couple of days as the firmware sometimes comes in waves...   OK.  Have done that and rebooted my phone too.  Still nothing.  Any other ideas?

mu1
I've been here awhile

the phone is an iPhone, and I have erased and downloaded the app several times.  

Not sure what you mean by credentials for the new modem.  The password had not changed, and every other device in the house has logged on successfully.

What else can you suggest?

Hello @Lurker @paulamcsmith & @mu1,

Thank you for your posts! 

One thing that @paulamcsmith touched on that we forgot to mention is the importance of having the most up to date firmware on your modem. To check which firmware version your modem is on, you can log into 192.168.0.1. Currently, you need to have version 2.0.10.36T4 or higher in order for the MyWiFi app to function properly. Having a compatible modem and the latest firmware is the first step in getting to the login screen. 

As far as your credentials go, this refers to the login information you are using (Username & Password) to sign in with. As long as the information is accurate, then there shouldn't be an issue.

We would like to address each of your concerns as best we can, but may need to access your account and/or equipment details in order to do so.

If the issues persist, please send a private message to us @CommunityHelps so we can check your account and/or equipment details to ensure that everything looks okay. For more information on our Private Messaging system, please CLICK HERE.

Kind regards!

RogersLaura

Hi again 🙂

Just spoke with a Rogers rep who said that the app is ready but the firmware for the modems hasn't been pushed out yet.  They said the firmware will be pushed out to the modems towards the end of this month....or so.  Can you please confirm that this is accurate?

Thanks for your help.

Paula 

Hello, @paulamcsmith

Most of the times the current production firmware is pushed out to the modems within 72 hours when they joined the network with older firmware. However, at times the firmware may not be updated for a various technical reason. 

Please drop us a line at our CommunityHelps box so that we can have it expedited for you. 

@mu1 - I invite you as well to send us a private message so that we can check your modem's firmware. 

Cheers,

RogersMoin

paulamcsmith
I've been here awhile

Thank you.

I have already interacted privately with Rogers and they checked my modem's firmware - that's when I was told the new firmware would be pushed out end of this month.  Can you confirm that this is accurate information?

Hey @paulamcsmith,

I'm afraid we cannot confirm the exact date that the newest firmware will get automatically pushed, however, I'd like to encourage you to send us a Private Message to @CommunityHelps so we can have a closer look and see if we can get it pushed out to your modem ASAP! 

As per my earlier post above, I've provided a link to the instructions on how to send us a Private Message. 

We hope to hear from you! 🙂

Kind regards,

RogersLaura

I love that this app is available. and was wondering its been awhile since any updates were made, can you kindly share with us when new Hiltron modems will be made available to work with this app?

Good morning @Pauly!

We currently do not have any new information to share at this time. When we do, we'll be sure to make an announcement!

Regards,

RogersCorey

thanks can't wait for this.
Topic Stats
  • 19 replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 10 in conversation