New Rogers Gateway: Hitron CDE-30364

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Re: New Rogers Gateway: Hitron CDE-30364

Just got this today. It didn't work and I returned it for another one and it still doesn't work, I hope someone can help me out with this. The power button is on and the up arrow is currently on in green while the down arrow is flashing. Sometimes the @ flashes in green and the wifi is on in green and flashes when I try to connect. I've been fooling around with the settings on my browser and I still cannot connect to the Internet. The lights are always changing as well. I used to have constant dns errors with my previous modem (which was connected to a wireless router) and had a tech come in and tested the connection and wires around the house and said everything was fine but I still had the problems afterwards.

With the new modem I tried both the advanced set up and the easy set up but neither worked for me.
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Ok, looking for a little help here. 

i have a brand new Trendnet N450 WAP. Am I able to use this with the Hitron in Bridge Mode for my Wireless connection? If so, can i still have my desktop hardwired into the Hitron?

Your help is appreciated. 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Question though.. does the trendnet itself, handle routing functions?  Does it provide DHCP, etc?
(from what i could find, it appears it DOESNT)

Your best bet then, would be to just DISABLE the wireless on the hitron.. allow it still to do the routing, you definately wouldnt have an issue with the wired PC into it.. then use the trendnet just as an AP

I'm Here A Lot

Thanks Gd.

How do i go about disabling the Wireless feature on the Hitron?

I've Been Here Awhile

Hi there, how did you get into the GUI. I cannot log into mine no matter which combination of admin,cusadmin,password,Password I use, i constantly get the login failed message. I reset and get the same problem. I think it might have something to do with the easy setup key but even from there i cannot get into the GUI or settings. any help would be very much appreciated. cheers, Matt

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Not sure what the default should be on that unit unfortunately 😞

But worse case, give a call into support.  they should be able to log into the SUPERADMIN login for it, and be able to force reset the password for you.

I've Been Around

Do I need any configuration to hook up a linksys sd2005 5 ports gigabit switch?

Green light is flashing but no singal going.thru!
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Shouldn't be.
You do or don't have it bridged?
If using it fully as a gateway, should be just plug and go. I have two switches into one of the other gateways with no issues.

I've Been Here Awhile

Set up system yesterday. Running two computers both wired. Computer no. 1 works fine, connects to internet and gives what Rogers stated. Computer no. 2 . says it is connected to internet but will not open web pages. Any suggestions as to why?

I Plan to Stick Around

1. from system 2, what IP address and gateway of that machine

2. Can you ping, say, 8.8.8.8?