New Rogers Gateway: Hitron CDE-30364

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: New Rogers Gateway: Hitron CDE-30364

Rogers has switched it to bridge mode too!
I Plan to Stick Around

My issue is with speeds.

In gateway mode I get: 60-80Mbps down/ 10.5Mbps up.

In bridge mode I get: 95Mbps+ down/1.5Mbps up.

I don't understand why this happens. I'm using a Linksys E4200 + a gigabit switch. I am completely stumped why this happens. I'm really really disappointed and frustrated at the moment.
I've Been Around

I've been mucking about with this for the last few months - 2 replacments later it  still has intermitent wi-fi connectivity issues. I'd sold my Wireless router when I started to pay for this monthly.  I wish I hadn't.  I've changed channels, and modes, only to have it flake out at the most inconvinent times. Rogers seems incapable of fixing permanantly and most of the time deny there is a problem. Apparently there was an update to firmware, but when enquiring, the tech guys couldn't tell me if mine had been updated?? At one point I was told they don't support wireless!? -even though I pay $8 a month to rent this thing. 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Yeah.. unfortunately.. i dont think ANY software updates will really help it..  The hardware in it, for the wireless, is just plain old AFUL.
In the long run you would be best to save up and invest in a decent 3rd party router again to use with this.

I've Been Around

It worked!  Thanks for your post.  I have been suffering with that godforsaken **bleep**ron for months now.  No wifi at all.  I really didn't want to sit waiting on hold to have it bridged remotely.

I Plan to Stick Around

Have just gotten dinged again for going over.

I assume there are still no alternatives to this woefully lacking device if you want to buy a d3?  And you still have to bridge it?

It it still $150 plus tax to buy at the Rogers store?

I'm a Trusted Contributor

It is actually $199.95 + tax and, maybe, shipping. And you can only buy Hitron gateway now or if you have any other device you can always buy it out.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@buddymcl wrote:

I assume there are still no alternatives to this woefully lacking device if you want to buy a d3?  And you still have to bridge it?

As TeDD replied, its 199 to purchace Smiley Sad

And no you DONT have to bridge it.. but many will experience wifi issues by using the build in, sometimes other issues as well (depending on your service area).

Most choose to bridge it.  (alternatively, some like myself choose to just turn off the wifi, and use a 3rd party router just as an access point)

I'm a Reliable Contributor

@buddymcl wrote:

There are really no alternatives to any of the woefully lacking D3 devices from Rogers. Many of us are hopeful that some day they will come to their senses and provide customers with a decent D3 modem!

I Plan to Stick Around

I just spent the last couple days diagnosing what appeared to be a dns issue. Specific websites would no longer load, show as page could not be displayed. One was our business site, email showed the server down as well. This was on all computers in out house. Tried manually changing the dns on the computers, and in the hitron itself. No go. Did a factory reset and redownloaded the files from Rogers, no go. was baffled. Checked with downorisitjustme and it showed the site was up.

Virus scans on all the computers, malware scans, cleared registry, hous and hours of scanning and diagnosing thinking it was something on our end.

I took my celphone off wireless, and connected it to 4G, and the website worked. That told me it was the Hitron. Bridged the hitron to a new DLINK, and everything works perfect now.

What a hunk of junk.