New Rogers Gateway: Hitron CDE-30364

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Re: New Rogers Gateway: Hitron CDE-30364

I have been reading this forum since Rogers brought out their flagship....which seems to be sunk for many of us on here.

I have decided to go buy myself a router and do the bridge mode method.

Does anyone have a particular recommendation in terms of what I should buy?

The Hitron is located in the basement and it's a standard two story house, and of course my wireless signal is most poor in the upstairs bedrooms.

I also want something that can reach the backyard/garage, and it needs to be capaable of supporting 20 wireless devices and 4 wired including XBox.

Any suggestions would be welcomed.

Thanks

R.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Hi Rene

To keep the thread on topic of the Hitron itself, i have PM'd you my recomendations 🙂

I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks for the reply. I have the same settings and it works perfectly.

I'm Here A Lot

Thx GdKitty...got the PM..appreciated.

Sry but the post was moved here by a Mod...I had started a new thread, but maybe I could have done better wiht the subject line.

René

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

It quite alright.  They try and move posts on similar things together.. so just users arent haven to look everywhere when they come new.. that ALL posts on the topic, would be in one place.

But then router recomendation talk, sort of gets out of the scope of the Hitron, so PM'd you as not to confuse other people who may come to the thread later.

🙂

I've Been Around

But just how/where do you assign up static IP addresses? I used to have this in my old DLink router in the LAN/WAN section.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

You shouldn't have to assign any static Ip's for individual pc's on the gateway at all.
While it shouldn't conflict, the most you might want to do is in the ip page , would be to set up your dhcp to start at a number away from your gateways ip, and assign the pc's those addresses in between.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Hitron CGN2 modem tracert

Why is the first hop from my modem always routing through 7.30.120.1.

I also see by logging into the modem the IP address and gateway is in same range 7.xx.xxx.x?

i keep losing my Internet service and Rogers support has not isolated root cause yet.

Any idea?

I Plan to Stick Around

I don't know when we'll be getting our old router back, or buy another one, since my parents are busy, but I definitly can't wait to get a better router.

With the Rogers Modem Router, I'd say it's wi-fi is inconsistent. At times, it IS fast, even when I'm upstairs. But other times the speed becomes very sluggish. The wi-fi is only consistent if you bring your laptop and put it next to the modem/router.

Very unimpressed with Rogers and their 'wi-fi echanced" modem. It's wi-fi works but is not reliable.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Benji

I would have to check at home to compare that first hop.

As for your other problem. Are you using the wireless on the Hitron when you are experiencing the dropouts?