New Rogers Gateway: Hitron CDE-30364

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: New Rogers Gateway: Hitron CDE-30364

Every modem, in select areas, suffer from disconnects :). Not every of that model.

I'm a Senior Advisor

My stand alone D2 modem does not suffer from disconnects at all and is the main reason I do not switch to one of their garbage D3 gateway modems with godawful wireless, Cat Tongue

I'm Here A Lot

really wish I knew that before accepting my D3......and I might have to go the get rid of the bridge mode on this (there is the option when I login to the Rogers router, but I still have to contact Rogers to do this?)

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

What I meant IHR, was all 3 of the d3s suffer this, in select areas. So it's just one one model. Nor is it only the gateway as I have one working fine.
Correctly, d2s are not effected. But d3 stand Alones could be just as much.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Can someone suffering from weak wifi on the Hitron please try aiming it's belly in the direction of the area where the wifi is most frequently used to see if it helps the signal.

It shouldn't matter, but it more than doubled my signal strength - and confused the **bleep** out of me in the process (considering that doing so didn't help the first 2 Hitrons I had).

Just want to see..

I Plan to Stick Around

I upgraded from ultimate to tier, change my dpc3825 to hitron.

wired speeds on dpc were around 70mbps down and 2 up, on hitron 240 down 10 up (yes I know numbers are inflated due to speedboost etc)

running in bridge mode with my asus RTN66u dpc  was around 50 mbps down and 1 up hitron is about the same on downlaod but uploads are still close to 10

Anyone have any idea why the wifi down is about the same between the two?  a waste of money if I cant get better speeds than this as I run all my devices on wifi, no LAN.

range in gateway mode was about the same for the hitron and dpc....crappy lol. with the asus I get about the same signal in the backyard as I did in the next room to the gateways without it.

I Plan to Stick Around

I have the Hitron and RT-N66U as well. The reason for the slower speed is I'm guessing your using the 2.4Ghz network and have G devices on it. I use the 5Ghz for most my devices and get upwards of 100mbs on wifi. 

Also running custom firmware from Merlin because Asus cant get their act together.

So to recap, if you have a router that has to support older G devices, it will effect speed of N devices.

I've Been Around

If you get Rogers to change Hitron to bridge mode, do they still want to charge rental fees for its use only as a modem, i.e. do they still charge $7/month for the Hitron as a modem when you have your own router?

I'm a Senior Advisor

The rental fees on the Hitron are actually $8 per month and you pay the same fee even if it is placed in bridge mode because the router component does not work up to proper standards!

I Plan to Stick Around

I was going to upgrade my Internet package today but was told I was required to get this new D3 gateway for double the amount per month rental. As we were talking I looked on line and found a vast amount of complaints about this inferior product. Since my current wireless setup has no issues i decided I am not willing to pay to be a beta tester for another rogers nightmare and decided not to upgrade and keep my money. 

Rogers, this is a dire situation for any buisness model when your own customers are to scared to upgrade ( even though they want to) and keep the money in there pockets instead. You may not have lost me yet but you didn't get the money you could have and that's clearly a failure in any business model. If you at Rogers ever wise up and release a modem only version with no wireless as your customers are demanding I may reconsider ( if I haven't found a competitor that gets me what I require first).

Another disappointed rogers customer now dreaming of Shaw coming to Toronto!