New Rogers CGN3 Modem Won't Connect to Website

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: New Rogers CGN3 Modem Won't Connect to Website

Just got a message from my ISP. They checked their firewall and amazingly found my new IP was blacklisted at their server. What a waste of time for all involved here and my regrets on that!

At least I learned a lot in the process and will know where to start in future as they are upgrading their server this week and expect performance changes.  I appreciate everone's input!!!!!!!!!

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Ok, thats the latest firmware..

My real only guess.. is that yeah, you are somehow blacklisted on their end.
They should be able to see WHAT IPs are blacklisted there and remove them

(there have been a few other users here with that exact issue and had it done with their hosts).

Its quite possible its not YOU that caused the blacklist.. could be the persons who had that IP before you, etc.

Only other thing i could think.. would be to go swap the modem?  Would give you a new IP.

I Plan to Stick Around

Swapping out may be worth it once I give this one a fair chance to operate this week. They claim that they keep getting attacked from that address so that was cause to black list (don't know why they didn't look for that in the first place). If that's the case do you have any suggestions as to why that would suddenly happen as a result of changing modems to begin with? Just the fact that it was bad IP history?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Just a matter of dumb luck.  The modem change resulted in an IP address change, to one that had a blacklist

entry against it.  Easiest way to resolve this probably is to exchange it for another another modem at the nearest

Rogers store.  End result should be yet another IP address change to one that shouldn't cause any issues.