New Or Used Modems from Rogers

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

New Or Used Modems from Rogers

I am planning on exchanging my modem tomorrow at a Rogers store. 

What are the chances I am taking home a used (someone else brought back) modem?

Is there any policy in store that I won't be leaving with someone's modem? I am concerned I will be walking away with a modem that someone else had issues with... and the bigger fear is bringing home things like cockroaches and bedbugs harboring in the Modem from someone's else residence. 

So will my modem I am going to pick up tomorrow be possible used or are they all new?

*** Added Labels ***

I'm a Regular

Re: New Or Used Modems from Rogers

Used
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

most will be used however depending on the rep n tier 2 technical support they can give you the history of the modem .. keep in mind some will say no but i’ve had them provide this info multiple times when having issues with our modem i don’t know why rogers can’t be more transparent about this.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

As far as I am aware though.. when a modem is brought back to the store (regardless of if its having problems or someone just leaving, etc), they are not given right back out to customers.. they are sent back, supposed to be checked.. then sent back out to stores.