New Internet packages? Rocket WiFi Modem?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: New Internet packages? Rocket WiFi Modem?

Hey Guys just wanted to put this in its own post. Rogers Released today in select area's a new modem. Its a dual band AC router. Lots of fixes based on the normal cgn3. Looks very promising!!

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Its starting to get too complicated. A 101* advertised packages, unadvertised packages and perks. Different amounts for going over your bandwidth allowance depending on your package level.

IMO It would be much simpler if the could find a way to offer about three levels of service (lowest, medium and highest speed & bandwidth levels) then take a page from TELUS and charge about $5.00 extra for every 50GB you go over your package bandwidth allowance.

I know it's a pipedream, but then my brain prefers a KISS (keep it simple) world.

* A bit of an exageration.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Or just get the ignite 100 and never have to worry about usage charges

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Hoping a few people from here get it (when switching to the new plan).

And see how it is. 

If its any better than the CGN3, i may see if they will swap it out for people on the hybrid plans as well (guessing it will be the same $12 rental)

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Can anyone confirm if the new moden can be rented for $12 for hybrid fibre cusomers? I would swap mine then.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

There was a report by a Rogers customer on DSL Reports who swapped his current CGN3 for the new CGN3ACR.  So, I have to assume that the answer to your question is yes, but, perhaps a call to your local Rogers store will answer that one.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I just switched my bundle to the new Ignite 100u...not sure if it was the best deal, i was paying $167 a month for home phone, tv, internet and my cell phone, my old internet was 500gb Extreme, by switching packages i lost all discounts on my bundle...was it worth it? starting to wonder if it was a good idea im now paying an extra $40 a month

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I just got off a chat session with Rogers.

It was confirmed that the Rogers CGN3 that I own WILL work with the new Ignite packages.

It was also confirmed that if I choose to use my own Rogers CGN3 rather than the FREE new modem there will NOT be any reduction in price!

The agent didn't deny that in effect I'd be paying for my FREE modem though he did point out that I could always sell my modem. LOL

To any Rogers reps reading this. Thanks for nothing!

Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

@Graig543 wrote:

Hey Guys just wanted to put this in its own post. Rogers Released today in select area's a new modem. Its a dual band AC router. Lots of fixes based on the normal cgn3. Looks very promising!!

Are we sure that it has bug fixes.  Recently Rogers has done a very bad job of Quality Control before releasing products into the wild.  The original CGN3 back 14 months ago was a disaster as it would crash every day (or more frequently) and require a power cycle to come back to life.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

@Graig543 wrote:

Or just get the ignite 100 and never have to worry about usage charges

Not an option for many people.