New Internet packages? Rocket WiFi Modem?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: New Internet packages? Rocket WiFi Modem?

No, it doesnt have to be tied to TV.

You can easily change to one of the newer plans.. you would just have to get to the newer modems.

You can change these modems into BRIDGE MODE, or just disable the wireless and use your own like an Access Point, just like you currently do on the SMC.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Cool, thanks for the info.

JC
Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

When can we expect to get the CGN3ACR at the Rogers stores? I would like to pick one up. I went yesterday to my local store but it was out of stock.. 

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

I am wondering the same thing. Got a phone call Friday from Rogers to switch to the new package but then I try to get a new modem and I can't find one in stores. I was told I have to go within 5 days, time is almost up.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

May have had a run on them, with people switching over to them.

What modems do you guys have currently?

If you are on the CGN3, then you dont NEED to change the modem, it will work fine with the new plans.
Only need would be if you wanted the AC capabilities.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

I don't know the name of it, it's just the wifi modem, not the advanced one. It's black with red circles.
When I go online to "my rogers" the usage limits (I upgraded) haven't changed either, that's where my concern stems from

EDIT: So yeah, I'm not all that great with this stuff but I looked it up, seems like my modem is the CVE30360. Regardless, it still is frustrating when you are told to make the switch within 5 days and you aren't able to. 

Highlighted
I've Been Around

I just called and switched to one of the new plans and I want to warn people to watch out for the automatic addition of an additional $14.99 for "TechXpert Whole Home". It wasn't mentioned to me by the rep on the phone but when I checked the account change confirmation email it showed up as a new montly charge on top of the fee for the internet service. When I called back I was told it was mandatory. It was only when I threatened to cancel my service and complain to the CRTC (which I will still do) that the 2nd rep agreed to remove the charge. She then said it must have been a mistake.

I don't know if others have run into this when changing to the new plans but it smells of Rogers trying to pull a fast one.

Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

du322:

I upgraded to the older Hybrid 150/15 plan a few months ago and was given the TechXpert option for free, even though I didn't want it. I'm surprised to hear that it's "mandatory", which I believe is incorrect. I'm sure one of the mods will comment on it here.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Yeah, the person who signed you up, buggered something.

I switched just last week, and did not have to sign up for it.
I also has 2 calls before that, getting quotes and figuring things out with people on the phone.. and it never included the techXpert.

Good call for anyone to just keep an eye out for it, just in case.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Jer15 wrote:

I don't know the name of it, it's just the wifi modem, not the advanced one. It's black with red circles.
When I go online to "my rogers" the usage limits (I upgraded) haven't changed either, that's where my concern stems from

EDIT: So yeah, I'm not all that great with this stuff but I looked it up, seems like my modem is the CVE30360. Regardless, it still is frustrating when you are told to make the switch within 5 days and you aren't able to. 

Yeah, the plan wont switch over, until the new modem is activated.

Give em a call and see if they can arange a FREE (stress you are not paying for it) tech visit for them to set it up.
Even though you are more than likely capable, THEY may have stock.