New Internet packages? Rocket WiFi Modem?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

Re: New Internet packages? Rocket WiFi Modem?

@daniel6843 wrote:

Thats a very interesting theory but i have never had this happen before on my previous internet package of 25/2 with speedboost.

But jimboden reported it months and months ago with the 'Hybrid Fibre 150'.

Maybe Steam has different downloading behaviour depending on how fast it thinks your connection is?

Or this 25/2 of yours, was that on D2 or D3? If D2, maybe your node just didn't have enough capacity for Speedboosting?

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Last time i checked the dpc 3825 i had is a d3.

Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

@daniel6843 wrote:

Last time i checked the dpc 3825 i had is a d3.

Yup, 8-channel D3.

I remember those, I used to have one...

Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

The highest sustained rates I've seen were on Origin, which came in at about 230mbps. Steam was fractionally slower at around 215-220mbps. When I was observing the download speeds, I was watching them in real time on my router, plus both Steam and Origin also show them in real time.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Ah, well maybe it was the age of the modem technology and considering mine was not  on a hybrid fiber plan, that could explain why i could not get sustained speedboost speed.

Highlighted
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

As soon as the IGNITE plans came out, myself and many of my fellow employees rushed to the store to upgrade to the 250u with the new Rocket modems.

I haven't been disappointed! On my hardwired PC connection on Speedtest.net, I was downloading at over 300mbps!

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

On the new rocket modem to bridged to wifi router I got on ignite 100 i have gotten 191 down and 10 up on speedtest using wireless on my router.   Note: The router is a Netgear NightHawk x6 r8000 and the wifi adapter is a Netgear A6210 ac wifi adapter. 

http://www.speedtest.net/result/4196703828.png 

Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

@BAppel81 wrote:

As soon as the IGNITE plans came out, myself and many of my fellow employees rushed to the store to upgrade to the 250u with the new Rocket modems.

I haven't been disappointed! On my hardwired PC connection on Speedtest.net, I was downloading at over 300mbps!

But this is now different then the previous plans of Hybrid FIbre 250 or Ultimate 250 - you got the same speeds there.  It is a better deal as you get unlimited dat for under $100.  The new modem isn't really useful to anyone using it in bridge mode with their own router.

Highlighted
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

Glad to hear!

Although I'm certainly not a Rogers spokesperson, I do want to say that SamKnows recently rated Rogers FOR THE THIRD YEAR IN A ROW as meeting more than 100% of our posted speeds, even during peak periods.

It's great to see that all the equipment and upgrades Rogers has made lately continue to pay off.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I would have bought a modem if it was not bundled in with the internet price. For ex the advanced wifi modem would have been suffcient. Although for those that do not have thier own router this would be an excellent solution.I think there is a chipset difference between the two modems. DataLink explained this in a very detailed forum post.