New Internet packages? Rocket WiFi Modem?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Re: New Internet packages? Rocket WiFi Modem?

Any difference compared to the CGN3 (assuming that you had that before)?  Any improved functionality?  Is the device stable?

Can someone try to see if, while in bridge mode, you can access the UI at 192.168.100.1 - this may require some CLI commands on your router.

See page 4 of this thread for more on how to do that.  http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Getting_connected/thread-id/1479...

Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

@jays77 wrote:

@Graig543 wrote:

Or just get the ignite 100 and never have to worry about usage charges

Not an option for many people.

Why not?  Too expensive?

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Contributor

wayner92 wrote:

Any difference compared to the CGN3 (assuming that you had that before)?  Any improved functionality?  Is the device stable?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can't answer that question, but I can tell you the reverse: I moved from HF250 to Ignite 250U yesterday, KEPT my CGN3 and the transition is invisible. I see no degradation of performance for UL/DL.

The specs of the new CGN3ACR (I posted them yesterday on this thread http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Getting_connected/thread-id/2302... tell me that the main difference is the Wifi - N in the CGN3 and AC in the CGN3ACR. Modem capability is identical as far as I can tell.

Whether any other firmware improvements I can't say. I can say that since I have an AC router and use the CGN3 in bridge mode anyway, for me the new Gateway version is a non-issue.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

@wayner92 wrote:

@jays77 wrote:

@Graig543 wrote:

Or just get the ignite 100 and never have to worry about usage charges

Not an option for many people.

Why not?  Too expensive?

You guessed correctly.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I just moved from the Hybrid 60/10 to the new 100U 100/10 unlilmited.

They were trying to push the new router Rocket WIFI Modem/Router. I said "no thanks". From the looks of it, the CGN3 will cut it.. (It should anyway, according to the spces). I think the new router they are pushing supports 802.11ac. Since I have my own router that does all that, I don't need Roger's new router. Plus I am a retention customer. So, I actually saved some $$$ on monthly cost.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I have a DIR-880L connected to it and my laptop (connected to the DIR-880L) can connect to the CGN3ACR using 192.168.0.1

Is that what you are refering to?

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Hi Gdkitty, if you had the 200GB bonus before, you will loose that with the new promos. Ignite 60 comes with 200GB, before you would have 200 + 120.
For most families of 3 or 4 users online, the drive is to offer unlimited with ignite 100. It is only $10 a month more, but there is a savings of $17.50 ongoing when bundled with TV and Internet on a 2 year plan. Plus you can now add in Home Phone 5 features for $19.99, with unlimited calling in Can/Us. Just a tip, your rent to own Netbox 2.0/3.0 box it can be combined with the new 2 year plans. You will not lose it if your have one. The new 2 year price guarantee will give customers, so much added value for less money.
Shomi, NHL game center live, and much more for the same money or less.
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@TheAlarmGuru wrote:
Hi Gdkitty, if you had the 200GB bonus before, you will loose that with the new promos. Ignite 60 comes with 200GB, before you would have 200 + 120.
For most families of 3 or 4 users online, the drive is to offer unlimited with ignite 100. It is only $10 a month more, but there is a savings of $17.50 ongoing when bundled with TV and Internet on a 2 year plan. Plus you can now add in Home Phone 5 features for $19.99, with unlimited calling in Can/Us. Just a tip, your rent to own Netbox 2.0/3.0 box it can be combined with the new 2 year plans. You will not lose it if your have one. The new 2 year price guarantee will give customers, so much added value for less money.
Shomi, NHL game center live, and much more for the same money or less.

Except that i have a promo price on my TV by itself.. which is GREATER than what the new bundle savings would be.
A rep on the phone and i went over it for all 3 services.  I would be paying about $25 more for the bundles vs with my current discounts.

Since i dont use GCL, but would shomi.. its still cheaper to just add shomi.

As well i own my own NB3, so not renting that at all, etc.

As i said, each person needs to compare line by line which is better for them.  People with NO discounts, it will likely be alot better. 
People with? not necessarily so.

Highlighted

Good evening  @mrbrimi ,

We are truly sorry to hear the news about the new modem has made you feel this way. Smiley Sad We do appreciate your feedback.

Your are correct, the CGN3 is compatible with our Ignite Packages and there is no price reduction if you already own your modem. Therefore, I see exactly where you are coming from.

However you may want to consider the other added benefits to the ignite packages such as:

- ROGERS IGNITE 60 and higher tiers include shomi™ subscription for 2 years and Rogers™ NHL GameCentre LIVE™ featuring GamePlus™ 2014-15 and 2015-16 Season’s Pass subscriptions.

The value of NHL Game Center Live is normally $199.99 per season and shomi™ is technically worth $8.99 per month.

If we take into consideration the cost of these added services you would be saving over $300 a year!

- ROGERS IGNITE 100 and ROGERS IGNITE 250 come with unlimited usage.

- Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Rental (for those renting modems or who don’t have one). The new Rocket Wi-Fi Modem features AC, the fastest Wi-Fi technology in the world, and it’s a powerful dual band Wi-Fi modem and router in one to connect your tablets, gaming systems and more throughout your home.

- Rogers TechXpert is included at no cost when you bundle ROGERS IGNITE Internet 60 or higher and Digital TV ( Basic or higher).

With our new ROGERS IGNITE Bundles; our goal is to simplify the various discounts that make up the bundle price and make it easy to understand the promotion and on-going discounts on all of your services.

In your personal situation, you would have to weigh out the added benefits and see if it’s worth it for you to switch to the new modem as you purchased your old one and are not renting it.

Hope this helps!

RogersMaude

View solution in original post

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Im not a Rogers fanboy but I think they have done quite well with these new offerings