New Internet PLAN & Pricing Comparison

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Regular

Re: New Internet PLAN & Pricing Comparison

My mistake 45/4
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@jimboden 

You see 60, due to the speed boost, it plays with the #'s a little.. over an extended period.. if you could do a speed test that say tested over 5 minutes.. would avarge then likely down to the 45.

@lethalsniper

Personally? For gaming... if its only YOU gaming (even maybe 2 people gaming).. no, i dont think you would see a major difference.
For gaming, it usually uses only a VERY SMALL amount of bandwidth at one time.
Biger things like ROUTING, PING TIMES, etc all take more an effect on the gaming that the overall speed of the connection.

Bigest area one would notice.. is if there are alot streaming (netflix, etc) at the same time, downloading, etc.

I'm an Advisor

Gdkitty:

Yes, I'm well aware of how speed boost works. When I do speed tests, they usually start out being way over 100mbps, but they always end at almost exactly 60mbps. I've never seen anything below 60mbps and, when I download games from Steam, which sometimes takes a couple of hours depending on the size of the game, it consistenly shows between 55 and 60mbps. Steam servers occasionally run slightly slower, but not often. On Wi-Fi, I get about 25mbps on my iPhone 4S. I have the old SMCD3GN modem/router.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

OH wow.. yeah, that not regularily normal... but at least in the POSTIVE way for you.
Sounds like the download channel profiles set wrong on your modem..but atleast you bennifit in the end Smiley Happy

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Just made the switch today. I need to go pick up the new modem tomorrow (easy as there's a Rogers store nearby the office) but not to shabby:

Previously I had Extreme Plus Unlimited (45 down and 4 up) for about $108 + $7 in modem rental.

Now I'm paying $99 including modem rental for 250 / 20 and a 500GB cap (that's more than my average usage for the past few months, though it still cries from the old 150GB cap days Smiley Happy)

Overall, $15/month cheaper works for me!
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The lower plans seems to break even... But some of the upper ones are actually cheaper now, even with paying for unlimited.

I'm a Regular

Would the hybrid 60 with 60 down load and 10 up be good for online gaming. 2 xbox online and 2 pcs. Right now I have extream plus with 45 down and 4 up should I do the switch ?
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Well, its $10 less per month roughly..
(say roughly, as you will have to go up to the new hitron CGN3, so may be an increase on modem rental)

So you would be saving money, and have more potential speed.  Might help overall.

Only thing is you would be taking a 30g / month drop in usage.  IF your internet usage is under 120g each month, i dont see why not to switch.

(if you have home phone and TV as well, you may be able to get 200g usage for free anyways)

I'm a Regular

So I just got the hybird 60/10 I ran some speeds and pritty low down is 30 up is 10 any idea what's going on called rogers the told me everything looks good in there end and mos is fine. I wa getting faster down load speeds with my extream+ are there any other test I can try? The person I spoke to said I had some priory high pings?
I'm a Regular

*pritty high pings *modem is fine
Coming on PPV!
Real Madrid vs. Atlético (Athletic) Bilbao Live
LIVE: Saturday April 21, 2019 10AM ET
Countdown: 8:00 PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499 | 391 (beIN English) 392 (beIN Spanish)
Price: $5.99 (HD) | $5.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $5.99 | (beIN subscription $14.99/mo.)
Ignite TV & DTV customers can order now!

Real Madrid faces Athletic Bilbao in a regular la liga league soccer match. Subscribe to beIN Sports for $14.99/mo. to get the game and more La Liga and international Sporting events.

Crawford vs. Khan Live
LIVE: Saturday April 20, 2019 9PM ET
Countdown: 8:00 PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $79.99 (HD) | $74.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $79.99
Ignite TV & DTV customers can order now!

Undefeated virtuoso Terence "Bud" Crawford (34-0, 25 KOs) will defend his welterweight world title against British boxing royalty Amir "King" Khan (33-4, 20 KOs) in a collision of superstars.

Topic Stats