New CGN3ACSMR Modem, not compatible with League of Legends?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: New CGN3ACSMR Modem, not compatible with League of Legends?

Fwiw, I don't think you can go as far as 24 hours.  Maybe that is what is supposed to happen, but I've found that it's much less than that.  I think usually anything you post on a given day can't be edited after midnight.  During the day itself, its only a few hours before the post seems to be locked out from editing.

@Glendajane when you want to edit your own post, to the right of the title of your post is a drop down menu. It shows a washer type symbol and a down arrow to the right of that.  Clicking on either one should bring up the drop down menu.  The top selection is "Edit Reply", which will bring up the next page with the existing post showing.  At that point you should be able to edit the existing post.

I've Been Here Awhile

Hey, just had the modem installed today by a Rogers employee.... just quickly seeing if this issue has been resolved at all since I don't want to sift through 57 pages of responses. 

From what I could see at a quick glance, I need to wait approx. 72 hours for League of Legends and other online gaming apps to work properly (or at least until the firmware updates?) 

Just some quick confirmation would be great so I'm not wasting my time or anything. 

Thanks

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Yup, that is correct.  The current firmware is most likely 4.4.8.14.  The update firmware is 4.5.8.16 which resolves connect / disconnect issues with League of Legends and other online games, issues with VOIP devices and VPNs and just about any other latency intolerant application.  The jury is still out for PS3s and PS4s.  If you look at the very first post in the following thread, you can see the difference in the latency for ping tests to the modem, before and after version 4.5.8.16 loads.

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Getting_connected/thread-id/2532...

I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks for the reply. I checked the firmware version on the router, and it's the older version you stated. Is there any way to force the update through? It's not a rush, obviously, but if I can avoid waiting three or more days, I'd like to push it through if I can. 

Thanks for the help. 

Hello, @GregGlas

Thank you for your post. As stated by @Datalink the firmware will be updated automatically within 48 hours from the time the modem came online.

Would you please PM your modem's MAC and your Cable Account Reference Number to @CommunityHelps and I'll follow up with the deployment team.

Thank your for understanding.

Cheers,

RogersMoin

I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks for help. Firmware updated now and everything seems to be working fine. 

I've Been Here Awhile

Any work around if you dont wanna wait 48 hrs?

I've Been Around

Would also like to know. Why doesn't rogers give us routers with the latest frameware.

Retired Moderator RogersArthur
Retired Moderator

Hi @eshrai, Hi @HexyDexy,

Thank you for your post and Welcome to the Community Forums! Smiley Happy

I understand the frustration, I can definitely assist you. I'v already confirmed you have sent your MAC addresses, cable account number via PM to our @CommunityHelps and have followed up with the deployment team for you.

Thank you for your patience,
RogersArthur

I've Been Here Awhile

Hey pal. I found a workaround until the update is deployed. All you have to do is set your modem into bridge mode, this will disable the wifi but the firewall error doesn't pop up with an ethernet cable. To go back into gateway mode, you will need to reset your modem so keep this in mind. To do this, look at the back of your modem for the IP address (192.xxx.x.x) and type it in the address bar in a browser. It should take you to Hitron login page, default login username is also at the back of the modem (username - cusadmin and password - password). Go to the basic tab, and gateway functions, and turn off residential gateway functions. It will reboot the modem, and you will only be able to connect through an ethernet. I have been testing it for a couple of hours, no problemo. Hope it helps!