New CGN3ACSMR Modem, not compatible with League of Legends?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: New CGN3ACSMR Modem, not compatible with League of Legends?

I just got my new upgraded modem cgnacmsr and it has old firmware 4.4.8.14. Still hasn't updated. So now i've rogers lastest greatest modem thats full of bugs. Come on rogers update firmware before to give it to the customer. It would save alot of time and grief if you update the firmware. It just doesn't make sense now using this modem that has somany bugs and my other modem worked just fine. Nice upgrade(backwards) rogers.

I've Been Around

So I got a new CGN3ACSMR modem today and to my supprise League of Legends wont play... so i teathered to my phone... worked fine....I broused google and found that many people were having this issue and I struggle to believe that everyone had to pay 100$ to get someone to take their time coming to your house to fix the issue that was in no way the fault of the consumer

Has anyone found a resolution to this issue? or should i switch to Bell

The current firmware of the modem is 4.4.8.14 btw

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Within 48 to 72 hours firmware version 4.5.8.16 will be pushed out to your modem.   That will solve the problems that you are having with the modem.

I Plan to Stick Around

Clearly there are a number of problems with this new modem ... my issue is VOIP.  I went on this forum just to get familiar and determine if its a handful of people or many and I see its many.

It's sad that when you call rogers support (1st level) - they know nothing about this and just say it must be your home setup.

Grrrr...

I Plan to Stick Around

My last router had issues with the internet cutting off..A lot. So i ended up exchanging it for a new one after a technition came. Who do I PM and with with info to get the latest firmware pushed to my modem?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

If you have a CGN3ACSMR as seen on the product sticker at the back of the modem, it will take 48 to 72 hours for the firmware to install.  Beyond 72 hours, you can pm @CommunityHelps to expedite the installation.  They will not do anything until that point in time.  Until version 4.5.8.16 loads, online gaming, using VOIP devices or VPNs will be an exercise in frustration.  

I Plan to Stick Around

What info do I need to send him? The Max address?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

To request the firmware update to version 4.5.8.16, follow this link @CommunityHelps to navigate to the CommunityHelps page when you are signed into the forum.  On the right hand side of the page is a link titled "Send this user a private message".  Use that link to navigate to the next message composition page, fill in the title, your modem MAC address and Cable Account Reference Number and indicate if you are beyond the 72 hour point with no update to that point in time. 

The Cable account reference number is located within the Internet section of your bill. The account number that you normally see or use is comprised of various home services such as Internet, Home Phone, Home Monitoring, etc, but the requested reference number is located at the top of the Internet section of your monthly account statement.  If you are a new customer, you will not have immediate access to the Cable Account Reference Number.  This can be obtained by calling Customer support.  You can then send that Reference Number, along with the modem MAC address to CommunityHelps.

The modem MAC address can be found on the sticker at the back of the modem, or in the HFC MACC Address located in the Status page of the modem.

Firmware version 4.5.8.16 has been deployed to all CGN3ACSMRs across the network as of Friday 10 Jul 2015.

I Plan to Stick Around

Alright thanks! Jeez Friday 10 Jul 2015 ? I just switched my modem and it doesn't have the newest firmware..wow

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Actually thats not a surprise.  Its going to take a while to cycle through all of the stock sitting in the warehouse that have the previous firmware loaded.  Hopefully by now any new stock is arriving with the latest firmware already installed, but those probably won't be released for some time.  Just guessing.....