New CGN3ACSMR Modem, not compatible with League of Legends?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Re: New CGN3ACSMR Modem, not compatible with League of Legends?

Following the instructions given, worked liked a charm. Thanks!

I've Been Around

For the people that contacted communityhelps and have gotten the update already did you message them between 8am-12am?  or are they taking requests past that time frame since this is a widespread issue

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

There is usually someone taking care of requests until 11:00 pm or 12:00 am.   However, the new firmware is now in deployment across the network and is scheduled to be completed by the end of the week.

The @CommunityHelps team will be taking requests until 12am(est) of July 8th.

I Plan to Stick Around

Nice Good to see this is fixed

I've Been Here Awhile

Hi there,

I just got rogers setup two weeks ago and have been pulling hair about this issue with LoL specifically for my son.

I do not have any bill yet and online on MyRogers I do not have access to view any of the numbers you are talking about - can i get this by calling in?

He has been bugging me for a week straight, would rather get it sent tonight if possible.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Hi, please read the first post in this thread:

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Getting_connected/message-id/253...

Then, to request the firmware update, follow this link @CommunityHelps to get to the CommunityHelps page when you are signed into the forum. On the right hand side of the page is a link titled "Send this user a private message". Use that link to get to the next message composition page, fill in the title, your modem MAC address from the back of the modem, and Cable Account Reference Number in the text area and hit send. If the staff are not too busy, you might see the firmware pushed out either late this evening or overnight during the scheduled maintenance periods. If not, it should be pushed out no later than tomorrow night.

If you are a new customer, you will not have immediate access to the Cable Account Reference Number. The simple solution is to call Customer Service for that number. You can then send that with the modem MAC address to CommunityHelps.

The new firmware is now in deployment across the network and is scheduled to be completed by the end of the week.

The @CommunityHelps team will be taking requests until 12am(est) of July 8th.

I've Been Here Awhile

Thank you

I was just lost on the CARN number.

I found 233676xxxxxx online when I went to look up internet usage. my overall number when I log in was like 7xxxxxx something. is that 12 digit 233 correct?
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Nope, doesn't sound right.  There are two account numbers.   One for home services which will include internet, Home Phone, Home Monitoring and Rogers Cable.  The other requested number is found in the top of the Internet portion of the monthly statement.  Simple solution for now is to just call Customer Service to ask for the Cable Account Reference Number.  The MAC address can be found on the back of the modem on a sticker, or on the side of the cardboard modem box which contained the modem originally, if you still have it kicking around.  If you log into the modem you can also grab the modem MAC address from the HFC MAC address line on the first STATUS page.

Hello @thenblockfamilyWelcome to the Rogers Community Forum!Smiley Happy

Sorry for the inconvenience, you are right about the CARN, it’s the first number you have mentioned, 233. Please send the information to @CommunityHelps, I will do my best to expedite for you.

Thank you for your patience!

RogersMoin

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

d'oh. My apologies for the confusion.