New CGN3ACSMR Modem, not compatible with League of Legends?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: New CGN3ACSMR Modem, not compatible with League of Legends?

All three of ours are wired right into the rogers AC modem.  We did the firmware update last wednesday, is there a new one since?

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The latest firmware is 4.4.8.14    So, wired and it doesn't work.  Going to have to think about this one.  Its just the game that doesn't run, everything else runs ok?

Are you familiar with Wireshark at all?   I wonder what you would see on the 8.1 pc versus the windows 7 pc. 

As an experiment, you could try unloading the ethernet driver in one of the Windows 8.1 PC's, and load the specific Windows 7 driver for that controller.  If it worked, it would definitely point to some problem between the modem and the controller firmware. 

Can you dig down to the network adapters within the Device Manager and post in what adapters you have on all three PC's.  Just trying to gather some info here.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

It is only the leasgue of legends game on winodws 8.1 on two computers and windows 7 on the other.  So far all other games work.. ie Steam, WOW, Star Wars, and Shayia.

Its so frustrating.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Ok, thanks.  Can you have a look at my additonal comments above.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I am having this exact same issue as well.

do we know if the .14 update fixes this. im currently on .13

if no avail then looks like im going back to the old modem

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

All 3 computers are using Realtek network adapters

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

no the firmware update does not help

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Ok, if all three are using Realtek adapaters, then a logical presumption is that the advanced adapter settings, in terms of their availability might be the same if not very close.  You're in a unique situation, with three pc's so close together.  If you haven't started to unload the driver for one of the 8.1 pc's, try this.  Set up the Windows 7 pc and one of the 8.1 pc's so that you can see the advanced adapter settings for each adapter.  If you have somone to help you to do this quickly, go through each setting step by step to see what the Windows 7 settings are, and what the Windows 8.1 settings are.  If you see something is set differently, consider changing the 8.1 pc setting, but, only change one setting at a time.  You might have to reboot for the change to take effect.  If you do change anything, consider this a controlled experiment, changing one setting at a time, rebooting and then starting the game.  If nothing changes, return the setting to its original choice and move on to the next different setting.  That would be my first step, trying to reconcile the differences between the adapter settings. The next step would be to change out the 8.1 driver for a Windows 7 driver.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@jordanferguson3,what are you running for an operating system, Windows 7 or 8.1 and are you running wired or wireless?  Can you also drill down to the network adapters in the Device Manager and see what ethernet  and wireless controller you have?

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

In my case, my adapter for my Windows 7 desktop is the Intel (R) Ethernet Connection I218-V.