New CGN3ACSMR Modem, not compatible with League of Legends?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Re: New CGN3ACSMR Modem, not compatible with League of Legends?

Same problem for past 2 weeks ever since we installed it (CGN3ACSMR) after champ select screen goes black and a minute later the message appears saying it might be a firewall error, tried turning off computers firewall, router firewall port forwarded all necessary ports, nothing. Although I have been able to play about 1 in 15 custom games testing out stuff (Appears to be random). I don't want to pay the a $120 to fix a free game. Does anyone have a solution, im thinking about seeing if we can revert to our old router.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

It would appear that the only solution for now is to find a CGN3 at a local Rogers store that you can swap your CCG3NACSMR with.  That would allow you to keep your current plan.  Second solution is to swap the SMR for a lesser modem, and accept the fact that you would also have to run a lesser internt plan.  When a firmware update that resolves the issue is available, at that time return to an SMR and faster internet plan.

I Plan to Stick Around

Im glad you are forwarding this issue on to the right departments...any idea how long it will take to resolve this issue??

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I sent an initial heads up to the Internet Products Manager, but I suspect that the feedback on the forum from numerous users including those that have left Rogers because of it, will have a greater impact on resolving the issue.  The moderators should be more than aware at the present time of what is happening, and will be in a much better position to update the community.  Given the nature and impact of the issue with the CGN3ACSMR, I would expect to see some news, good or bad issued on a day to day basis, but this is just my personal opinion.   I would like to see daily updates so that everyone who is affected by this can determine what is best for their situation. 

The other issue is the latency to and thru the Hitron CGN3s, CGN3ACs and CGN3ACSMRs which Hitron is working on.  Thats another issue that I would like to see updates on.  I have requested an update on the progress but have not receive a response up to this point in time.

I've Been Here Awhile

Confirmed. Just upgraded to CGN3ACSMR modem and have the exact same problem.

I've Been Here Awhile

The old version two modem had no problem. switched to this new rocket modem and problem!!!!

call rogers and they said disable firewall will work.. nop!

I also did everything i can find in LOL website and google and youtube.

No luck~

Please rogers fix this! somebody foward this post to managment, thanks!!!

I've Been Around

I'm also in this boat... what a pain.

I Plan to Stick Around

I've got the same problem among problems with other applications that I've never experienced a problem with before switching to rogers from bell and it's really quite annoying. 

Using a VPN hosted from my dedicated server fixes my connection issues to league of legends but it's really quite annoying that I'm required to do so. I hope they push out a firmware update soon. I'm dishing out all this money for stuff that barely works. 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

If you are on the ACSMR model, if you can find one, i would try to switch down to the regular CGN3.
Can provide the speeds.. and doesnt appear to have the same issues with LoL at least.

Otherwise, almost everyone seems to have issues with the NAT on both of them, with things from VOIP adapters, game systems, etc.

Bridging with a 3rd party router.. will give much better control and have those things work
(unfortunately doesnt appear to fix the LoL issues)

I Plan to Stick Around

Wow ... This is insane !!! I have the same Rogers AC modem.... Firewall eror exactly. Takes about 4-9 tries to get back into a game after it crashes just like you. Can't believe the issues with this modem. Need to find a fix fast, I'm pulling my hair out, not to mention the fact I have been Leaverbusted 3 times now in one week since I got the modem. I love the speed, but no compatibilty with LOL is not worth it to me... Help please